You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just updated AP & AD to 1.4.1 and when I create a new document in either application the Profoto profile is not listed.  However opening existing document when I go to Convert Profile, the Profoto profile is listed?    Did something change with this update as I am sure I could create a new document using this color space.

Running El Cap Version 10.11.3

Thanks

Mike

Hi MikekPhoto

I also had persistent problems with ProPhoto.icc profile. Sometimes it was visible, sometimes not. Also  I was not able to set ProPhoto as my default working colour space.

When I downloaded the AP 1.4.1 version 4 it was supposed to fix that. However that was not the case.The problem was only solved when I got a download link from a person called "Leigh".

Here's the link to the ProPhoto.icc I received and downloaded from:

https://www.dropbox....oPhoto.icc?dl=0

I installed the profile in Library/ColorSync/Profiles and voilà! It worked without any problem.

regards

vieuxjeux

Well it was working for me before the upgrade to the latest release.; checking the Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder it is definitely no there.  Wonder if Affinity was having problems with this profile and removed it with the update.

But very curious is the fact you can I can open a JPEG which is sRGB and go to Document/Convert ICC Profile and low and behold RGB Prophoto profile is listed.  So now very confused as the Profoto profile must be hiding somewhere on my system  - just not in the ColorSync Library.

Downloaded the profile from the link you provided and yes, I can now create a new document with the Profit color space again - so big thanks.

Maybe someone from Affinity can explain why this profile was dropped with upgrade not allowing a new document to be created in that profile, yet you can convert a document to Profit profile - seems like a bug to me.  Maybe I should open a thread in the Bug section of the forum

Mike

Hi MikekPhoto

Glad to be of help.

I had exactly the same problems but now they are gone. The ProPhoto.icc sits nicely in the right folder and is shown on AP's list of colour profiles. And it is set as a default.

I do not know what has changed with the profile they provided, but it works and that's the main thing. I'd be curious to know, though, what was the problen (provided I would understand it).

vieuxjeux

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm the issue is not solved for PROPHOTO, which by the way should be the standard and not SRGB ... never understood that in PS or AP so absurd isn't it? like...buying a 150 MP cam and using 3rd grade DX lenses and shoot JPEG...although even that would make more sense than sticking to SRGB as a color profile