You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Results of trying to get Data from V2 into V1 -copy paste - partial success or I now get why opening V2 in V1 is blocked...

myclay

Hi all, I experimented as bit and tired to get data from V2 into V1:

• you have to have both versions open.
  • create an empty document in V1 first!
  • paste your copied V2 data into V1.

Is it good? simply nope. Some Data is going to be missing and you will suffer some crashes in V1.
creating "New form Clipboard " simply crashes V1.

one neat thing is, vector work changed with vector warp is getting the changes of the vector warp applied.

v2 poster (Publisher) copy pasted into V1 of Designer.

Publisher_lTk1RMeSab.png.3bf98602e0ac96331f6185b2e6085287.png

V2 Designer Document copy pasted into V1 document, it is apparent, that some folders where simply not copied over. You would then have to go layer/folder by layer/folder and copy paste those over and hope that the files are interpreted correctly when pasting into V2.

Designer_5IoKufJvDt.png.69eed21f7749838d95c2dcdeffc6ec65.png

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | artstation store

Windows 11 Pro - 23H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @myclay,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

On 11/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, myclay said:

Some Data is going to be missing and you will suffer some crashes in V1.
creating "New form Clipboard " simply crashes V1.

If you are coping layers that use functionality found only within V2, these layers will either paste as Rasterised images, or you may experience crashing if the app cannot 'understand' the layer - as these files aren't designed to be backwards compatible.

Another option would be to export to PDF (for export) from Affinity V2, then import this document within Affinity V1 to continue editing this file.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!