You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

metoo - Had problems registering universal license V2 apps from mac store

From the mac store: I installed Publisher V2, bought the universal license by in-app purchase and registered Publisher. The Account window said it was registered and I could get the json receipt for the license.

Then I installed Designer V2 but I couldn't register it.

When I used a browser to log into my Affinity account there was no universal license there. 

I spent a couple of hours following the suggestions on this forum. What worked was uninstalling the apps and reinstalling them, then registering them, Publisher first. 

WARNING: Some posts on the forum suggest trying to purchase the in-app universal license again. I tried this and it tried to take my money again. Luckily I didn't have enough funds.

Stan

I have the same Problem. I bought a universal license in the Mac App Store for V2 but every time when I start a program it asks me to activate or buy a license. When I try to activate it with my Affinity account it tells me that there is a problem with activation and that I have no license.

Uninstalling the Apps and a new installation did not solve the problem. So I started the 30 days Test time to work with the programs. 

But every time, when I start a program new it asks again for the license. What can I do?

There is only one way that works. There seem to be many ways that don't work. I suspect there is a bug that Affinity will/might fix.

I can't help much. My problem was different because I could register my first V2 app. I couldn't register other V2 apps. I flailed around following advice on this forum until I could, but I forget what I did exactly. I saw some advice on the forums that after you uninstall the apps you need to manually delete a couple of files. I didn't do that but it might help.

You can use a browser to log in to your affinity account and see if it shows you have a licence. Mine didn't until I reinstalled the apps.

Stan