You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik Collection 5 on Affinity Photo 2 OSX

I've gone to the Preferences panel and done the same as I did for version 1. I restart then Photo hangs.... 

After several forced quits it will come to life  - enough for me to see this. And then it works again.

I then remove the locations, restart, then Photo works as it should.

Any ideas?

Plugins.jpg

• Staff

You will need to create a empty folder for the plugins and then during the Nik collection installation for the  Compatible Host step select this folder, after the Nik collection has finished installing in Affinity Photo select this folder as the plugin location and the Nik Collection should then work with your photos.

Ah - I'd tried that before but was going to the wrong one. I was linking to a "Nik Collection" folder which had the apps but should have been linking to a "DxO" folder which housed the plug-ins. Thanks for that!

Edited by howfin

I had been using Nik Collection 5 with Affinity Photo 1 with no problem. Just bought Affinity Photo 2 and can’t get Nik 5 to work. Affinity Photo 2 preferences shows the plugins which were installed in an empty file called Affinity Photo Plugins. In Affinity Photo 2, when I select Filters, Nik Collection, all of the plugins are grayed out.  Any suggestions?

28F6B48D-D82D-45D2-A0E8-5A4C6ECF34A4.jpeg

52DDF892-6F9D-4538-9D9F-E8AC41841479.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Patrick Idiart said:

Any other thoughts?

Sorry no, developing a raw to 32 bit here showed the problem but converting it to 16bit fixed it. Good luck

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10