You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

support for layered PNGS and groups and pages?

I really want to love this software. and it might be that its something I use for starting a new project. However, Ive been designing and creating web assets for over 15 years. for the past 10 using the now abandoned adobe fireworks.

I was not able to open a layered PNG file. or rather it opened with the layers all flat and the pages all gone.

Do you think you will be able to support import or opening of fireworks files which contain layers and pages. pages btw should not be confused with groups or layers. literally pages. and some parts of the assets are often shared between pages. such that when you update that part of the shared files the assets all get updated.

I note that your program appears to be proprietary in that it can only save as affinity with just layers. no multiple pages.

I would love to know that as your product develops that you will support the import or opening of PNG files that contain layers, groups and pages without loss of integrity. Thats exactly what Im looking for.

anyway, I wish you lots of luck. and you should know that I heard about you in the adobe forums from other users. Many of us are hoping that you save our work. as eventually, if no one can do what fireworks does with layers, pages and groups and the ability to share across pages...our work will be trapped in defunct software. I cant even imagine all the time it would take me to convert every single page to a separate layered file. boggles the mind.

cheers!

Katherine