You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ProPhoto Colour space as a working colour space. Problems in getting it work

Hi,

The latest AP 1.4.1 Beta 2 was, according to the specs, supposed to fix the problem with ProPhot.icc.

I've been trying to select ProPhoto as my default working colour space and set AP to warn if image opened is in other colour space. My ProPhoto.icc is located in Library/ColorSync/Profiles.

When I open in AP the Preferences/Colour Profiles there is no ProPhoto. Why is that?

This problem applies also to previous versions on AP.

I've also checked the AP Resources folders for each AP version and there are no ProPhoto.icc files.

Please inform me how can I solve the problem. This in not the first time I'm asking help for this, but haven't received answers to my latest posts. ProPhoto colour space is important for me to get the colour accuracy I want.

vieuxjeux

• Staff

I've sent you a PM with a link to a file. Go to Library/ColorSync/Profiles and backup the ProPhoto.icc profile somewhere safe and then delete it. Once deleted, copy the file i've sent you to Library/ColorSync/Profiles.

Does the profile now show in Affinity Photo?

Hello Leigh

Good news. The new ProPhoto.icc I downloaded from the link You provided seems to work just as it should.

The problem was that the ProPhoto.icc was sometimes visible, sometimes not. I could not find any logic behind the funcion. Now my tests so far indicate that ProPhoto stays the default colour setting all the time just as it should.

Thank you for Your help. I appreciate it.

Best regars

vieuxjeux