You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad versions of Affinity V2 Universal Licence apps from Serif not Apple AppStore

TrevorML

[EDIT] I think I found the answer here…

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/learn/in-app-licence-activation/

Hi… deciding where to buy the Affinity V2 Universal Licence from… 

if bought from Serif how are the iPad versions "upgraded" from their trial versions that you download?

is it by logging into one's Affinity/Serif account? if so, if on multiple iPads in the household, are the apps only needed to be "activated" once on one of the iPads and all the other installs will automatically be activated?

Edited by TrevorML
found the answer on the Affinity site :-)

• Staff

Hi TrevorML,

When you purchase the universal license from us directly, you will receive a link (QR code) shortcut to download the Apps on your iPad, once installed, you will be requested to sign in to the app to register it with your license.

Lee

Hi, on the 11th of November, I subscribed for the Affinity V2 on Apple store, paying the requested £89.99.

I have since received the Order ID but still stuck with the trial version as Serif couldn't acknowledge my receipt of purchase 

Please, what should I do? I've downloaded the three trial versions on my ipad and pc but can't update. 

Regards 

Olufemi 

• Staff

Hi @Olufemi,

When you purchase from Apple's App store, they do not pass on the purchase information to us, you need to either create an account with us via the prompt when launching or sign in with your existing Affinity ID on the app that you made the purchase.

This will then tell us that you made the purchase, and activate any of our apps once you sign in to them. 

Lee

29 minutes ago, LeeThorpe said:

Hi @Olufemi,

When you purchase from Apple's App store, they do not pass on the purchase information to us, you need to either create an account with us via the prompt when launching or sign in with your existing Affinity ID on the app that you made the purchase.

This will then tell us that you made the purchase, and activate any of our apps once you sign in to them. 

Lee

so does this means that you have to "sign in" for each app and for each Family Sharing copy when installed?