You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can not activate V2 universal license..

Hmm, I´m not sure I understand.. I already have an Affinity Account that I used to log in with my Affinity V1 apps both on MacOS and iPadOS, bought from Apple Store. Now I was downloading the new apps from Apple store and did an in app Universal purchase on my Mac from the Apple store.. but my previous Affinity accounts I used to log in with my previous Affinity apps does not work in V2.

I also got the email from Apple saying I was puchasing the in app V2 license.

I just tried to sign out and sign in with the V1 apps and that works fine, but not V2

• Staff

Thanks. I believe you've tried to activate the app(s) from a different app other than the one you purchased the universal license in.
If you purchased the universal license through Designer please try the following: run Affinity Designer, click the Account button on the top right of the interface, and in the This application is licensed to section click Deactivate this device. Relaunch Designer, it should display the Activation dialog again. Click the Activate button in the Already Purchased column and enter you Affinity ID credentials again. Did it activate sucessfuly?

Maybe I´m totally out (which might be the case), or 🙂 .. because when opening Designer V2 after downloading from Apple Store was what I got. and it was from this window I purchased the V2 license.. I can not see any account button. Just after I got the confirmation from Apple that I bought the V2 license.

Now I have restarted the Mac, clicked the Designer V2 again and this is all I see.. still. I can not see any account button..

Same on iPad, when I try to restore purchase, this is what I get.. (see photo) on Mac, I can not even click restore purchase.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 16.10.35.png

IMG_9F8C19C125BC-1.jpeg

@MEB I guess you're not here this late, but would I mess something up if I start a trial? Not sure if that would work either if I have to log in or create a new log in and make more mess.. I haven't dared to try yet.. it´s just that I have a long flight early tomorrow morning and it would be fun to spend some time to play around with V2 and get to know it a little.. but if that could mess up my future log in, I´ll wait for a solution 🙂

• Staff

Hi @276ccm,
I'm here, although i did have to leave the work for a couple hours, sorry for the delay.
From your video above, in Designer (the app where you purchased the universal license) click the Activate button (first column on the left) and try to activate the app again (please close any other Affinity apps you may have runing at the time). Then run the other apps - they should already be activated.

@MEB I tried that earlier and now I can’t remember if I got an error saying wrong login info or… but it didn’t work. Anyway, now I’m in bed and the computer shut off for an early flight in just some hours, but as soon as I get a chance I’ll try again and post the screenshot and we continue from there. 

Thanks a lot for great support! 🙂 Very appreciated! 

4 minutes ago, durbanad said:

Same problem here in Canada.

I did manage to get Affinity Photo to launch. Publisher and Designer are looking for a license. All bought as a bundle from the  Apple store.

Thanks.

There have been so many posts today so I can't remember where I saw this, but I think I saw another Mac App Store user today who said he solved it by quitting everything and restarting and then launching just one of the Affinity apps that was looking for a license. Having them all open at once didn't work. And when the license verifies it takes a few seconds so be patient.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff

Hi @durbanad,
If you are still able to launch Photo, close all other Affinity apps, go to the Account panel in Photo, (top right corner of the interface), click Deactivate this device and close Photo. Then launch the Affinity app from where you originally purchased the in-app universal license and try to activate it again from there. Check if the other two are now activated as well. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @276ccm,
Please click the Activate with a different Affinity ID link on the bottom of the page then post a screenshot of what you get. I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing you.

@MEB  After clicking   Activate with a different Affinity ID I just got the same as the screenshot I posted over.. nothing different. Activation unsuccessful.. window looks exact same as I posted above. Hope you guys get some rest too 🙂 

Same here.

1. Did NOT remove old (v1) MacApps.
  2. Downloaded and installed all three Serif Mac Apps v2 from Apple Mac AppStore
  3. launched Affinity Designer v2.
  4. bumper screen appeared. Hit the 3rd button (right) and bought a universal license via the Mac App Store (purchase is confirmed by Mail)
  5. nothing happened. waited 1 minute... smashed every button and killed the app.
  6. restarted the computer
  7. launched Affinity Designer v2... only the bumper screen appeared. running in circles

I do understand that I need to "link" by Serif account to my apps before I can make full use of the universal license. But I also understand that I first need to pass the bumper/splash screen from the app via which I bought the License (Designer on Max). working on a badAss (full option) MacBook Pro 2021 with M1 Max Ventura 13.0 (will run the Ventura update in an hour). Quite a clean install I have. Only AppStore apps (exceptions: Dropbox, BackBlaze, Wacom, ImageOptim and mInstaller for the FCPX plug-ins)

thanks

2022-11-10 091722Affinity Designer 2(1).png

2022-11-10 092258Alle inkomende(1).png

SOLVED!

After restarting and relaunching Designer again, the splash screen was displayed again.

This time (I did not tried that before) I just hit the far right column (BUY) again.. (I could always cancel the payment confirmation, right?)

Then... it suddenly workedthe screen (that apparently should have come up the first time I bought it). without a second payment, of course. Now I could complete the process and link my Affinity Serif account successfully. So, it apparently checks the previous purchase status before submitting a new purchase. (something one expects when you click that small link 'restore purchase' on the bottom.... hint for v2.0.1)

In short: just smash that 'PURCHASE' button again! (after reboot)

2022-11-10 101049Affinity Designer 2(1).png

Edited by rvz