You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error printing on Epson printer

Elfmark

Hello, I have the latest affinity (1.10.5) and I have one error. When printing on the Epson L3110 printer, when printing multiple pages (two or more), the printer always prints two blank pages. It doesn't work for me in other programs. Only in affinity. Don't know what to do with it please? Thank you very much for the advice.

5 hours ago, Dan C said:

Ahoj@Elfmark,

Vítejte na Affinity Fórech:)

Můžete nám prosím poskytnout vzorový dokument a snímek obrazovky s nastavením tisku (jak nastavení Affinity, tak nastavení Printer Preferences), abychom to mohli dále prošetřit?

Předem děkuji!

Good day, I am sending the attachments. Thank you very much!

print_epson2.jpg

print_epson1.jpg

vzor_pro_tisk_plechace.afdesign

• Staff

Thanks for providing that document for me - I've tested this here using our Samsung & Canon printers and thus far I've been unable to replicate this issue.

However I have found a similar report from one of our users previously, and this was resolved by running the app using a 'flag' to change the way printing works in Affinity.

Can you please:

• Navigate to your desktop and locate the Affinity Designer icon
  • Right Click this icon and select Properties
  • In the dialog that opens, within the Target box you should see the following:
    "C:\Program Files\Affinity\Designer\Designer.exe"
  • At the end of this target, please add  --printmode1 , such that the target is now:
    "C:\Program Files\Affinity\Designer\Designer.exe" --printmode1
    (ensure you have the space between the closing " and the first - characters)
  • Click OK
  • You may need to provide administrative permissions at this stage, by selecting the 'Continue' option in the dialog that appers
  • Now, launch the Affinity app using the shortcut on the desktop that we've just edited
  • Once the app opens, try printing your document once again.

Does this stop the blank page from printing please? :)

On 2. 11. 2022 at 11:35, Dan C said:

Ahoj@Elfmark,

Vítejte na Affinity Fórech:)

Můžete nám prosím poskytnout vzorový dokument a snímek obrazovky s nastavením tisku (jak nastavení Affinity, tak nastavení Printer Preferences), abychom to mohli dále prošetřit?

Předem děkuji!

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this setting doesn't work either. I printed 5x A4 and they printed 2x A4 and then again 2 blank pages came out of the printer. Wouldn't going back to an older version of Affinity help? It used to work for me. I'm using Windows 11.

12 hours ago, Elfmark said:

Wouldn't going back to an older version of Affinity help?

I would say no, as I can't believe that the print engine has changed across the versions. Just one hint: From your screenshots I can see, that Paper Size is "Defined by driver". What happens if you pick the correct paper size from the pulldown there?

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

• Staff

Thank you for trying that for me and I'm sorry to hear this hasn't helped - just to confirm, if you export your document as a PDF from Affinity, then try printing this PDF externally with the same printer settings, do you find the 2 blank pages are also printed?

Please also try the suggestion above from Joe and let us know if this helps :)

9 hours ago, joe_l said:

Řekl bych, že ne, protože nemohu uvěřit, že se tiskový stroj ve verzích změnil. Jen jedna nápověda: Z vašich snímků obrazovky vidím, že Velikost papíru je "Definováno ovladačem". Co se stane, když z rozbalovací nabídky vyberete správnou velikost papíru?

Even this change didn't help and the press still does the same thing.

• Staff
On 11/4/2022 at 12:23 PM, Dan C said:

just to confirm, if you export your document as a PDF from Affinity, then try printing this PDF externally with the same printer settings, do you find the 2 blank pages are also printed?

Can you please confirm the above for me also? :)