You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher is crashing often, version 1.10.5.1342

CatLady

Several problems have come in the last few days. I'll mention all in case this helps diagnose:

1.  I have been going back and forth between Publisher and Photo, so this may have something to do with it/them crashing several times in the last 3 days (or so). Anyone else have this happening?

2.  I was trying to export from Publisher to a .jpg and it messaged me that that file format is not supported!

3.  May not be related, but also today found when I used the pen to create a text box, the outline of the confining line was printing! I can't make it disappear!

4.  This may well be unrelated, but I created an image including an area with a fully transparent background, and when it was exported to .jpg, the background showed up as very light yellow. When I printed it letting the printer manage the color, the problem went away.

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎9/‎17/‎2020
OS build    19044.2130
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Device name    DESKTOP-1S4QFTT
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB

Manufacturer: DELL

Product ID    00325-96097-23713-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

The attached images demonstrate the message about not exporting to .jpg and the yellowish background in the picture which is set into a publisher file.

affinity-publisher-wont-export-to-jpg.jpg

affinity-publisher-color-issue.jpg

​Sharon

• Staff

Hi @CatLady,

11 hours ago, CatLady said:

1.  I have been going back and forth between Publisher and Photo, so this may have something to do with it/them crashing several times in the last 3 days (or so). Anyone else have this happening?

We are currently aware of an issue with a recent Windows update causing crashes within the apps when taking certain actions, I would initially suggest following the instructions detailed in the thread below and then see if it makes an improvement.

2.  I was trying to export from Publisher to a .jpg and it messaged me that that file format is not supported!

This could indicate that the exported .JPG is corrupted if it is unable to open within another Photo app, is the .JPG file 0KB? Does this happen every time you export the file? Does this happen when you try and export other files to JPG?

3.  May not be related, but also today found when I used the pen to create a text box, the outline of the confining line was printing! I can't make it disappear!

Prior to converting the Curves to a Text frame, did you ensure that the curves stroke was set to 0pt? If it was, it would be beneficial if you could provide me with the file and an image of the printed result.

4.  This may well be unrelated, but I created an image including an area with a fully transparent background, and when it was exported to .jpg, the background showed up as very light yellow. When I printed it letting the printer manage the color, the problem went away.

Since JPG's don't support transparency, this could be due to the colour profile embedded into the JPG causing the yellow tint, so I can investigate further could you provide me with the sample file which includes the JPG?

I've provided a private dropbox link below for uploading. It would be beneficial if you could create a new folder on your desktop and File > Save as package to the folder and then send me a compressed/zip version of your folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/b221b9rqe1v03woxrWFc

Many Thanks!