You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Edit Text in Tables if they are InLine

Didge

HI,

I've been using APub for a long time - it's fantastic !

I've been having problems with a doc that contains several tables that have text in each cell.

I found that, as soon as you switch the table to 'InLine', the text can no longer be selected.

So - to edit the text, you have to switch the table back to 'Floating', then edit the text, then switch the table back to 'InLine'.

At first I thought I was doing something wrong - it was just by chance that I discovered that switching to 'Float' let you select the text.

Surely it's not intended that APub works this way - this must be an 'unintended feature' = a bug ?

BTW - switching from InLine to float and back again almost always changes the page layout, because the table moves slightly.

Regards,

Gary

• Staff

Hi @Gary.JONES,

On Mac I found that a Table set to 'Inline' within a text frame requires the layer to be selected from the layers panel with either the Text Frame or Table tool currently selected, this then allows for the table contents to be edited, have you tried selecting it from the layers panel?

image.png

Hi Nathan,

Thanks very much for that tip - it works !

Incidentally, somethings selecting the table automatically selects the appropriate layer, which allows you to edit the contents.

Sometime it doesn't select the layer automatically, which is where you get stuck.

I suppose the 'bug' is that APub should automatically select the appropriate layer when a table is selected, whether the table is inline or not.

Anyway - thanks again for pointing that out - it helps a lot :)

Gary