You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any way to change the colour of this UI element

Hey all, hope you're well

I've been messing around with Affinity Designer on windows. Upon measuring the distance between objects I noticed the size of the font, mixed in with poor contrasting choice of foreground / background colour makes it quite difficult to read. Between using the adobe suite, sketch or figma this is the first time where I have to get right up to the screen and squint to see the distance properly. 

Is there some way to change it? I've looked over the preferences and couldn't find anything. 
image.png.d1f9bf371e72caa2826f244506b5ca63.png

Checking the darkest blue value that i can see in that text, on top of it's white background background doesn't pass accessibility across the board either:
image.png.2591934a357ab28b98f5cf2616156fc7.png
Let me know if you've come across a workaround. 

• Staff

Hi Markyh, welcome to the forum,

Thanks for the information on this, it's not currently possible to change this but we appreciate the feedback, I'm going to move this thread to the feedback section to make it more visible to our development team.

Lee

Not sure what it depends on but I don't get blue but red (horizontally) or green (vertically).

1269936881_UIcoloursnappingdistancev.jpg.313d1cf14a8cd14efd9b75be86aca279.jpg1028203199_UIcoloursnappingdistanceh.jpg.e3c72743d9109e4cbd85367490bec232.jpg

@LeeThorpe,  I remember that using layer colours also affected the bounding box colours, but this doesn't seem to work below. Has this been changed or do they occur in the layout window in certain circumstances only?

786555673_UIcolourlayercolours.jpg.2cd4ea4945180dbdb90f8877d5ce57c2.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@LeeThorpe, well, this is what I did successfully, not only to Layer layers (see screenshot above). My question rather concerned the colour appearance in selected objects (bounding boxes) in the layout window. I am quite sure months ago I experienced the bounding boxes being displayed not in default blue but in these custom assigned layer colours.

Ah, that's it, Thank you! Yes, it is a Layer layer's "Properties" option and independent of the 7 colour wells ("Tag Colours"). – However, they do not influence the displayed snapping text as requested in this topic.

1393637762_UIcolourLayerlayerProperties.jpg.cba524b4a02e1367cd81a726d6dc094d.jpg –> 1661734132_UIcolourLayerlayerPropertycolour.jpg.999d1c9a8939e0c6a1909f82ae8aba18.jpg

I found a solution to change the color and font size of a label .for this we have to take the text view UI element. It has Design and Semantic color properties. Analogous UI Color Schemes: This term refers to colors that are grouped near each other on the color wheel. Variety in analogous schemes often comes from saturation and brightness shifts. They work better than major changes.