You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Option to disable the brush outline circle and an option to use a crosshair, dot or tiny triangle, instead.

That is, for example, with a basic round brush, the circle (bigger or smaller depending on your brush size), there is no way (if there is, please, someone tell me) to disable it. And it is very distracting when painting or retouching.

I (and I know, many others would) would love an option to use instead a small triangle icon, or a dot (of several pixels), and as a less functional way, but still better than current, the option to leave only  the already existing crosshair (which is a bit too big), but without the huge (when painting with big or medium brushes, of course) circle. 

IMO, a small icon as the solely cursor while painting, is a lot more functional (this is possible to be done in Clip Studio, Corel Painter, Krita (among many others)). Even if the option is not default and we'd have to adjust it on preferences.

Edited by SrPx
Edit: Changed "arrow" to "triangle".

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Thank you very much for your answer.

Sadly nope, it does not solve it (just tested it).  As the big circle outline keeps showing up permanently. Also, I don't know if it does it to other users, but the 'brush preview' is sometimes not displayed, depending on brush opacity settings, etc, or displayed as almost white, so, one can't distinguish from the canvas. 

I think Photo needs the ability to hide the circle outline and have an option to use solely a cursor (smaller crosshair, or -45º triangle, or dot (several pixels). One of this options, if all of them is too much).

PD: My apologies, when I said "arrow" I really meant "tiny triangle". Some apps even let you decide its orientation (-45º pointing left is amazing for painting).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

• 8 months later...

Yes! This option is badly needed. On a large screen, especially, or on a Pen Display like a Cintiq the little circle around the nib is really annoying. Once upon a time, when pen displays had a lot of parallax between the nib and the actual stroke, the circle may have sort of helped. But recent pen displays have for the good part gotten rid of the parallax, making it so the stroke actually starts from the pen nib, just like a real pen does on paper. The circle becomes therefore a true nuisance.