You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello 

Im a new user to affinity. i heard of this program from people. when i used photoshop. due to bad customer service and basically just scamming people. Because i had a perpetual licence but now it is not ''valid'' anymore. a licence where i paid hundreds of euros for. So im done with that company, adobe that is. Now i heard there was a competitor who is as i must rumors believe. way cheaper and have a better bussines model for consumers. it will probably mean i have the learn a new program but. i would not mind if i escaped form adobe. 

THE QUESTION:

so i have first a 10 day trail. and the file that it downloaded is a dmg file. maybe a noob question. But what is a dmg file and how do i use it or open it. and install it. the file name is: Affinity+Photo+Trial.dmg so if somebody can help me with this. i would be happy.

thanks in advance for your help :)

with kind regards

segert vorster

• Staff

Hello segert vorster,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To install the trial, double-click the dmg file, then drag and release the application icon on the left over the Applications folder on the right. That's it.

You can then eject the DMG disk file in Finder: open a Finder window and on the left under the Devices section you should see an item called Affinity Photo trial with an eject icon in front on it. Click on the icon to eject/close the dmg.

You can then go to Launchpad on your dock to launch the application.

• 7 years later...

Where is the original dmg file. I purchased years ago and had to deleted as it started bugging out right around v2 release day. No Where to be found App Store nor your own website. How can I find the product I already purchased?

3 hours ago, Alex162 said:

Where is the original dmg file. I purchased years ago and had to deleted as it started bugging out right around v2 release day. No Where to be found App Store nor your own website. How can I find the product I already purchased?

Hi Alex and welcome to the forums. If you purchased it from the Mac App Store then you will find it there in your purchased items. If you purchased it from Serif then you should be able to go to serif.com, click the profile silhouette icon in the upper right corner, and sign in. Then you'll be able to click on the menu icon and download it from the downloads section.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)