You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linking Applications on Windows

Hi there previously I was able to link all applications with no issues, this was automatic.
I am now unable to use Publisher (with the link to Designer & Photo), is there a way of sorting this?

I've signed into all applications, tried reinstalling them (they are all running off the same SSD).

It just comes up with the Buy Now Pop Up

If there is something I haven't tried let me know

Thanks Kizzix

Pop up.jpg

Hi @kizzix Welcome to the Forums.

Do Designer and Photo open and run normally if you open them individually, rather than from Publisher? (After installing you do need to run them individually before using StudioLink.)

Are all the apps the same version number?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

In answer to your questions:

Do Designer and Photo open and run normally if you open them individually

Yes, when I open them they run normally if i open them individually.

Secondly they do not run through publisher at all.

Yes I do need to run them individually, I do not have the studio link application if there is one.

Finally, Yes they are all the same version number

1 hour ago, kizzix said:

I do not have the studio link application

StudioLink is just the name for the way in which you can use the Photo and Designer personas directly in Publisher.

You said, you were "able to link all applications ", I assumed you meant by using the Photo and Designer Personas within Publisher. If not, how were you doing it? If it used to work, but no longer does, possibly something has changed with your set up.

Apart from checking that you are running the latest version of the apps, I can only suggest that you have a look at this thread, which will, hopefully offer a solution:

Failing that it will probably need someone from Serif to take a look at your particular setup.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

6 hours ago, kizzix said:

Finally, Yes they are all the same version number

What is the version number?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7