You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I uninstall without the MSI?

Hi,

I upgraded my SSD drive and want to move my Affinity installations to the SSD from my SATA.

However, I cannot uninstall because it's looking for the MSI files that are no longer in the temp directory.

What can I do?

Thanks!

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks, Walt. Used that on all 3 apps, and none could be uninstalled. It corrected something, but I still can't uninstall them.

Any other ideas? When I googled this issue one explanation was that the MSI wasn't built correctly because many apps allow the uninstall even without the original msi. (But I have no idea what that actually means lol).

• Staff

Hi @Cameo,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

When using the above uninstaller troubleshooter, does Affinity Publisher appear in the list of installed apps? If so and you try to uninstall using this tool, do you see an error message of any kind?

If so, please provide a screenshot of this error message here for me.

If Affinity Publisher doesn't appear in this list, can you please confirm which version of Affinity Publisher was most recently installed on your machine (if known?)

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C

Thanks for the reply!

No, Affinity Publisher does not appear in the list of installed apps, now. I ran the tool a couple of times. First time, I saw it in the list, tried the "uninstall" option, and the tool hung for 5 minutes, so I cancelled the uninstall.

Right now I can use the downloaded install of Publisher an can "update" it, but not have the option to assign the drives. 

I can successfully uninstall the "updated" version. But the previous version seems to be in my computer's memory and cannot be uninstalled.

I can see the previous version of Publisher in Total AV's uninstall program, but not in the Add/Remove programs control panel.

In the Troubleshooter, I can see Publisher, but it's the current version, not the 1.9 version that keeps "updating" in the D:/ drive.

4-troubleshooter-only-shows-new-version-of-publisher.png

3-publisher-issue-in-total-av-uninstaller-but-not-unstallable.png

2-publisher-issue-in-total-av-uninstaller.png

1-publisher-issue-not-in-ms-uninstaller.png

• Staff

No problem at all, many thanks for confirming that for me!

Firstly, I'd recommend uninstalling the latest version of Affinity Publisher that is installed and can be seen in the list under 'Add or Remove Programs' - as we'll need to make sure both versions are uninstalled before you can reassign the installation drive.

Once completed, please run the Uninstaller Tool and select the first option of 'Not Listed'.

You'll then be prompted to enter an application code, which I believe should be the following:

{A19AD199-53D0-44E2-9AF4-94CDCE8A2DCB}

If this does not work, please try:

{EF96A990-4989-434B-A1DE-EB35614D24C9}

Hopefully this should find and remove version 1.9.2 from your PC.

Once complete, restart your PC and then launch the 1.10.5 installer file, where you should be prompted to choose your install location.

Please do let me know how you get on here :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan,

Success! Thank you so much!

No prompts for location as it wanted to "update" even after the successful uninstalls.

However, the "update" went into my C:/ drive even though I couldn't specify the location.

So, something is different with Publisher than the other two products that seems to cause this issue.

In any case, the products are now on my C:/ drive and I'm happy!

Thanks!