You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF file reliably crashes Publisher, Designer and Photo on macOS

Hi,

I have discovered a PDF file that crashes Publisher, Designer and Photo (1.10.5) on macOS every time I try to open or import it. The file originates from PowerPoint and contains one background image and a couple text boxes, nothing else.

May I have an upload link, please to provide both files (PPTX and PDF) confidentially?

• Staff

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your report!

You can upload these files to the below link, please let me know once this has been done:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/SiHAiTvU8x4NpijVDF4N

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thank you for providing that for me!

Interestingly, this file opens without crashing on Windows & Mac for me - however the background image is lost and imports as a plain-grey coloured image layer incorrectly, so I suspect it is this layer causing the crashing locally for you.

Therefore I'm getting these files logged with our devs now, as with our without crashing, the image should be imported correctly.

Many thanks for your report once again :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

That IS interesting ...

When I open the PPT in Keynote, the background image is full-colour, but the person who created the PPT has applied a PowerPoint-filter-thingy and dimmed the image to about 30% of it's original colour -- as the image imports wrongly, I guess, whatever is happening has to do with the background.