You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to distort/skew perspective of curves in Affinity Designer?

I drew a rectangle shape, converted it to curves, and duplicated it repeatedly into stripes.

image.png.943451bd5a677348eba79201943e7bb2.png

I would next like to distort, skew, stretch the perspective. But I don’t see how. Best I can discern is to grab nodes and randomly pull them where they look close enough. But this is time-intensive and imperfect.

image.png.39334d152c01a00a5ce2925bc8b1f22f.png

Is there something easier I’m missing? 

I also tried drawing trapezoid shapes, but their controls seem even less precise.

I searched but found several posts from several years ago asking for this and being told it didn’t exist as a feature yet.

Affinity Designer version 1.10.5 on macOS.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, jAffinitySerif said:

I searched but found several posts from several years ago asking for this and being told it didn’t exist as a feature yet.

Nothing has changed in this situation to date, such vector based distortion features/functions are still missing. - You have as a workaround to use 3rd party tools in order to do such vector distortions.

See also slightly related:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 1 month later...

Well there is still no vector based distortion & warping function support in ADe available (... people are already waiting years for this).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 9/29/2022 at 2:14 PM, larsbamble said:

you can skew curves by selecting them and positioning your mouse curser on the vertical line at the top between the "rotate" and "scale" options. it's a little wonky, but you'll see your curser change to right and left arrows on top of each other. move the curser in this area to skew the selection left or right.

My request is for perspective distortion, not flat skewing, thanks.