You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add the Lock switch to the layer bar where it shows when it's turned on

6 hours ago, SlvgDvb said:

So I don't have to go into the layer studio every time I need to lock/unlock a layer, how about just making it a switch on the layer?  Just lower the brightness of the icon to show that it's off.

Please

LOL. I laugh because I know your frustration. It is so frustrating to want to lock something, go into the layer studio, click your layer, click the layer options, then click the lock icon, then have to exit the layers options just to lock your layer. And when you unlock it in the layer studio and want to lock it again you have to go through the whole process again.  🤕

I made a post here where i brought out that lock icon so you can easily lock/unlock your layers. 

If you dont want to go into the layer studio to lock/unlock your layer then i have created this post where I talk about the move tool needing a new context toolbar. On that toolbar will be a lock icon so you can lock unlock objects without going into your layer studio.

6 hours ago, SlvgDvb said:

how about just making it a switch on the layer?  Just lower the brightness of the icon to show that it's off.

If youre talking about adding a lock icon to each layer so we can easily toggle it off. Ive requested that on the desktop version and someones response was NO because then there would be TOO MANY lock icons in your layers, it would too be distracting to look at, so just deal with it. Yeah........adobe illustrator cs5 does it how you want it and Ive always loved it. I wish theyd add it here. 😌

7 hours ago, SlvgDvb said:

how about just making it a switch on the layer?  Just lower the brightness of the icon to show that it's off.

This is how adobe illustrator cs5 does it. Ive always loved it. I wish they would add all these lock icons to each layer that you can just toggle on and off.

lock.png