You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Silently Closes

Win11 x64 PC with Ryzen 9 3950X, RTX 2080, 64GB RAM, 3 Monitors (AD was running on a BenQ W271), XP-Pen Deco 03Tablet.

This has happened a couple of times over the last few days. I don't recall what happened to cause the program to close silently until today, when I had time to report the issue. In every case I was able to reopen AD and continue without the issue recurring.

Today it happened when I tried to print a document (attached). AD closed when I sent the file to the printer. I had the Artboard with the cone and oval selected, and used the app to manage color. After the crash, I reopened the project and printed the same graphic without issues.

I zipped up the 'CrashReports' folder and attached it.

Shape Practice.afdesign

CrashReports.7z

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 7/26/2022 at 10:06 PM, casterle said:

No, just a regular print to my printer, which is on my LAN if that helps.

Unfortunately, the crash report doesn't provide much information about from confirming that it's crashing when printing. Does the app crash when going to File > Print or when pressing the Print button within the print window? Do you have any other printers installed? Do you have the latest drivers installed for the printer?