You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Studios open on wrong monitor

Problem

Currently, studios on their last used location, which is fine when working with a single monitor, but with dual monitors, it becomes messy. When I move Affinity Designer from my main monitor over to my second monitor, any studios I open, still open on the main monitor.

Solution

Instead of remembering the last used location on screen. Affinity should remember the last opened location of a studio relative to the app itself. That way, If I move Affinity over to another monitor, the studios retain their position. That should avoid this situation where some of the panels either open behind the browser and/ or stay behind on the main monitor, when dragging the app over to the second monitor.

image.thumb.png.ff518e1482daa4989e3afa2847b0ffb7.png

I'm on Windows 10.0.19044 and using Designer version 10.5.1342.

• Staff

I'm not convinced this is a bug, the studios and pop out windows such as the "new.." dialogue box will remember where they were when they were closed, the problem you are experiencing seems only to be caused by not moving the additional windows over to the appropriate monitor before closing it? I think any adjustment to this method would annoy just as many as it resolves it for.

Lee

It's not just that the windows are not moving, but also that they open outside of the main app. So when I worked on monitor 1 first, but then decide to move the app over to monitor 2, I get studios opening on monitor 1 still (hours after I switched), just because I had them there when I closed them. That's confusing. But it also causes some studios to open behind another active window, so I don't realise the studios are actually opened. They show as being open in Affinity, but I don't see them.