You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The undo/redo buttons need to be moved to the left side toolbar.

In a previous post, I had said that the "?" tool tip icon at the bottom right corner of the interface should not be there because it triggers when you enter persona mode to draw. Your wrist is triggering the "?" icon and its disrupting your workflow. So nothing should be there at the bottom right corner of the interface. You can read all about it in this forum post I made below. 

However, i wanted to make a post dedicated to the undo and redo buttons because they too are located at the bottom right corner of the interface and they shouldnt be there as well. I did leave a comment about the undo/redo buttons in the post below, but I want to talk about them here in THIS new dedicated post. 

The undo/redo buttons should not be at the bottom right corner of the interface. They shouldnt. They shouldnt because our wrist is going to trigger them and theyre going to disrupt our workflow. Its the same situation with the "?" icon. In the preferences, you can turn off the undo/redo buttons. Which is great because now your wrist wont trigger the undo redo buttons but you still shouldnt have them at the bottom right corner if users are going to want to turn them on. 

Heres why you REALLY shouldnt have them on the bottom right corner of the interface. Its because of the way digital artists work on tablets/cintiqs. If youre right handed, your right hand holds the stylus(apple pencil) and then what you do is you use your left hand thumb to slide against the left side of the tablet/cintiq to press buttons that help your workflow. So your left hand thumb should be on the left side toolbar of the interface to easily and quickly toggle through your tools. On your toolbar, the undo and redo buttons should be moved there so you can press them with your left thumb. Thats how it should be. You use your left thumb to press the undo and redo buttons while you work. 

If you have the undo redo buttons at the bottom right corner of the interface you cant really touch them with your left thumb. You have to use your stylus to tap them which is going to be bad because your stylus is dedicated for your work and now it has to take on this new task of undoing and redoing. It shouldnt be like that. Right hand stylus is dedicated for building your work while the left hand thumb is dedicated to toggling through your tools and undo/redo button. 

So I need the serif team to take the undo redo buttons and move them to the left side toolbar and place them at the bottom of your tools. Not at the VERY, VERY bottom but at the bottom of your tools. Which is still going to be problematic because now you have to use your left thumb to go ALLLLL the way down since theres so many tool but I was hoping Serif could give us users the feature to remove unwanted tools from our toolbar. That way as you remove tools the tools in the toolbar move up, get shorter, and your undo and redo buttons can move up so that theyre at a closer, reachable range for your left thumb.

I want to also note that procreate places their undo/redo buttons on their sliders so they should be placed here on the left side of our toolbar as well. Bellow is an attached image of what I mean. 

undo redo.jpg

I removed the snapping magnet icon on the bottom left corner of the interface because it shouldnt go there. I'll make a whole post about it later.

I also removed the trash icon and the deselect "X" icon because these 2 icons should be placed on the NEW context toolbar of the move tool. I talk about the NEW context toolbar of the move tool in this forum post here. 

I also didnt add the artboard tool or the image place tool on the toolbar on the left side because theres already too many tools in landscape mode. Something needs to be done. Less spacing between icons or the feature many ppl have requested to removed unwanted tools to make room for these tools. I talk about the artboard and image place tool here in this forum post. Again, you cant have the artboard and image place tool hidden under the document menu. They are tools and they should be in the toolbar. 

4 hours ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

Which is still going to be problematic because now you have to use your left thumb to go ALLLLL the way down since theres so many tool but I was hoping Serif could give us users the feature to remove unwanted tools from our toolbar.

You know what you could also do? Make the undo and redo buttons part of the toolbar, make them act like tools, and move them upwards on the toolbar so that theyre closer to the range of where your left thumb is so that you can tap on them easily instead of reaching for them ALLLL the way down at the bottom.