You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tone mapping stops the HDR merging process

• Staff

Hi @Venkman welcome to the forums,

If this problem is intermittent, could you initially try going through a force restart of your iPad to clear the cache and see if this makes an improvement going forward.

If this still persists, could you confirm your iPad model and iOS version and provide us with the Raw files you've experienced this issue with? We can then try and replicate this.

Private dropbox link for upload: https://www.dropbox.com/request/PnC2Xv63FsPkbLvzhBIA

Hi NathanC

after rebooting the iPad the problem still exists. I uploaded the images to the dropbox and tried it several times with these images.

It's an iPad Pro 12,9"; 5th generation; 2021; Model A2378 / MHNH3FD/A; 256GB RAM, iPad OS 15.5 (19F77)

Thank's for helping

-- 

4 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hi @Venkman welcome to the forums,

If this problem is intermittent, could you initially try going through a force restart of your iPad to clear the cache and see if this makes an improvement going forward.

[...]

If this still persists, could you confirm your iPad model and iOS version and provide us with the Raw files you've experienced this issue with? We can then try and replicate this.

• Staff

Thanks for sending over the files, unfortunately i've not been able to replicate yet this following your workflow on a first gen iPad, the tone mapping portion completes successfully each time i've run through this.

With the same set of RAW files, are you able to eventually get it to complete the tone map portion of the process or does it always fail?

I tried it several times with the same images. It seems that the tone map portion of the process won't start. The app shows an empty progress bar and stops working.

And I can refine the "sometimes". It always runs the first time after starting the app. Every other time it could be that the process stops or not.

Now I tried the different combinations with the other options and it seems that the error only occurs in combination with the first option (align source images). But also not always - currently 7 errors out of 8 attempts.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I‘ve got the same issue with various image stacks. I have to force quit the app before I can use it again. I am using an iPad pro M1 11inch 256GB Wifi with iPadOS 15.7. 

It worked fine for some time but recently I cannot create an HDR stack with Tone mapping enabled. If I disable Tone mapping the project creation works with the same set of images.

For me the tone mapping process never works, it always fails. I can provide images if prefered…

• 1 year later...

This has worked fine for me every time since I purchased this app.  Now, today HDR merge process stops at Tone Map as others have described.  Since this is the main thing I use this app for, it renders it useless for me.  If I turn off tone map, it works fine, but why bother without tone map?  What has changed?