You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OpenType CALT feature not workign as expected

I've noticed that Affinity Publisher isn't processing the OpenType CALT feature as other applications do (Adobe and Mac OS).

It appears that a root glyph in the OT feature code is processed but an alternate glyph is ignored.
So in the example at https://recordit.co/rRfGqmvvwA the long tailed R should swao to a different R glyph when the following glyph clashes with it. In this example a germandbls.alt. The first line shows Rß but if I change the ß to its stylistic variant then it its long downstroke hits the leg of the R. The Calt feature catches this and swaps the R to another R shape with a shorter tail. This is all handled inthe Calt feature and works in InDesign etc. However the only way I can get it to work in Publisher is to insert the alternate glyph via the Glyph palette. This occurs for all glyphs that are not the core/base glyph. I'm guessing all glyphs that do not have a unicode.

Is this a known limitation/bug with Publisher?