You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with - Application closing by itself.

Hello Guys,

Could you please, help me to identify the problems with Application closing by itself. 

I have the same issue in the both software Designer and Photo... I tried reisntall and dele all folder... But the problem persist.

I added in attchment all Logs.

Best Regards,

b2b2abf0-16f0-4e41-ab9c-58cb7b53ca4e.dmp b96ad68d-eb61-4f5f-a888-b8893928efbc.dmp e1f64446-6445-4bdd-8d8d-af67a40b88f6.dmp e72bbed7-ddde-45ae-a6e5-fb28a7984a59.dmp

• Staff

Hi @ThiagoMoreiraIS,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Can you please provide some more information regarding these crashes for us? For example, when is this happening?

Does the app crash whilst opening, when loading a document or during editing?

Is this happening when opening a specific file, using a certain tool/workflow or does the crash appear to happen at random?

Can you please open one of the Affinity apps, then navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here for me?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Just now, Nova-Odos said:

Hello

I have the same problem but only with affinity designer.
Iv'e tried also uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it doesn't work.
I tried runnning the program with integrated graphics but yields same result.

Help :(

imagen.thumb.png.b77b397148e456fb9dafbae4b3dd6965.png

Just now, Nova-Odos said:

Hello

I have the same problem but only with affinity designer.
Iv'e tried also uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it doesn't work.
I tried runnning the program with integrated graphics but yields same result.

Help :(

imagen.thumb.png.b77b397148e456fb9dafbae4b3dd6965.png

The program closes specifically when I try to open a file or when I create a new document.

• Staff
52 minutes ago, Nova-Odos said:

The program closes specifically when I try to open a file or when I create a new document.

Thanks for confirming that and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble also!

This behaviour would usually indicate your GPU drivers are out of date or corrupted, so please visit the Nvidia site (linked below) and download the latest version of drivers for your GPU.

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx

Once installed, restart your PC and then try opening a document once again :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

41 minutes ago, ThiagoMoreiraIS said:

This happens with Designer and Photo... We cant open... I click in the software but the logo appers and disappears very fast and in the Task Manager I cant see anything about the Affinity software..

Many thanks for verifying that for me, it may be that OpenCL is having trouble initialising, causing the app to crash. Can you please visit the below link and download the OpenCL Disabler - then run this application and click on the Affinity icons until you see the red cross ().

Now try launching the apps once again, does this resolve the crashing behaviour please? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Today I uninstalled the driver of the GPU and I reinstalled it.
I also uninstalled Affinity Designer and reinstalled it with the current version and with Designer 9.0

The software still closes when I try to open a file or whenever I try to create a new file.

To sum it up, Designer crashes when it loads a document. On the other hand Affinity Photo works normally and as expected and I can open Designer files without a hitch.

So far, Affinity Designer seems like the only software which won't open on my computer.

Any ideas beside formating my computer?

• Staff
On 4/3/2022 at 4:00 AM, Nova-Odos said:

The software still closes when I try to open a file or whenever I try to create a new file.

Sorry to hear this! I'd like to request a copy of your crash reports generated by AD -  can you please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports

In the window that opens, please select the 3 most recently created .DMP files, then attach these to your reply here.
Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for providing these for me and my apologies for the delayed response! I can confirm the crash reports provided are using 'native images', which mean we're unable to correctly read them here, as they are running code local to your computer, which we do not automatically have.

Therefore we need to ask for 'zapdisable' crash reports, as these will contain the native images from your PC and allow us to read the crash reports - as these native images may indicate a third party application interfering with the Affinity app, causing this crash.

Can you please follow the steps in the below post, then provide an updated copy of your crash reports that have 'zapdisable' enabled?

Many thanks once again :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for following these steps for me, it's certainly appreciated!

I can see from your crash report that you're running Designer version 1.9.2 - which was released over a year ago. Our latest version in 1.10.5, is there a specific reason you are not using the latest version?

We'd recommend updating to 1.10.5, as this should hopefully resolve the issue for you. You can find a link to download the latest version of the app from the below link -

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/designer/1/

Once installed, restart your PC and try creating a document in Designer once again. Does this resolve the crashing issue please? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

I have the previous version because I had an upper version of Designer (but not the latest one) when my problem occurred. I tried to upgrade to the latest one but the same happened, so I tried the opposite, downloading a much previous version and well, I went to the forums, lol.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know - just to confirm is the behaviour you're experiencing exactly the same in that latest update, as you're seeing in 1.9.2?

I'd like to ask you to update to version 1.10.5, as we require crash reports from the latest version in order to be able to further investigate the issue.

Alongside crash reports from the latest update, I'd also like a copy of your event viewer log, as this may also help us to identify this.

1. Open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) and type the following - eventvwr
2. In the window that opens, select the Windows Logs drop-down list on the left and then Applications
3. With the Applications logs selected, navigate to the right side of the window and select Save All Events As... and save them as .evtx (the default option).
4. Attach this saved file to your reply here.

Many thanks for your continued patience and understating here :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for providing that for me! I can see the app is crashing within Microsofts .NET - so I'd like to try running their repair tool, you can find this linked below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

After running this, I'd also like to try resetting Designer back to defaults, as this is only happening in one Affinity app for you.

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity Backing up app resources and factory reset video here - 

Please do let me know how you get on here :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

Thank you very much 😮 !!!

It finally worked! I did have to reimport some stuff but nothing compared to an app not running.

Thank you once again, I really love Affinity Designer and Photo and not being able to use one of them was a big downer, but I'm happy to know that patience and customer service paid off.

One more time, thank you very much.

Renato

imagen.png