You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to any Vector format ( SVG /EPS/ PDF ) hangs & crashes Affinity

Affinity Suite on Mac OS Monterey . Updated the Affinity suite to latest version released on 15 March 2022.

Exporting to any Vector Format ( SVG/ EPS / PDF ) hangs affinity Designer & Publisher both.. am unable to export my files. a simple file too gets stuck.

• Staff

Hi @ashoo1807and Welcome to the Forums,

No problems here exporting to the formats you mention and i'm running MacOS Monterey as well.

Where are you exporting to, locally or a network/Cloud/External drive?  Can you try starting Designer, start a new document and try exporting the blank document and let me know the results.

Hey - 

Heres my trials & observations. I have one windows machine as well, I installed a version on that. Once I open the file and export, the app goes unresponsive even on windows! I hav exported to almost all version of file formats.  

SVG with Flattened ( rasterised version ) works well as do JPEG, TIFF, PNG etc. Anything of SVG / PNG / PDF : Either the app is unresponsive & much later comes ( not responding )  or just hangs. I also opened the same designer file with publisher & tried exporting.. Same issue of hanging / unresponsive persists. 

Export to Vectors is the major bug here in the latest version.

In Windows & Mac both. Mac I updated yesterday, Windows I Downloaded today.

Ive been using Affinity very smoothly for 4+ years but never encountered such a thing .. Kindly help 

Pl look into it ( i dont know how many people are facing it as im not sure how many have updated to latest 15march release ) 1.10.5 it is..

My deliverable is stuck on those bugs 😞

NOTE: The PDF is a complex Graphical Illustration & not a simple basic layout.. I tried copy past on new artboard & still the problem persists

Thanks in anticipation

Edited by ashoo1807
Missed one small point of complexity of the PDF file