You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Die Datei ließ sich nicht öffnen/Der Dateityp wird nicht unterstützt"

Hallo zusammen und schon mal herzlichen Dank für Euer Engagement!

Ich bin noch neu in der Affinity-Community, daher leider noch etwas unvorbereitet.

Folgendes: Ich arbeite auf MAC. Mein (600-Seiten und reich bebildertes) afpub-Dokument ließ sich bisher ohne Probleme bearbeiten. Es stammt aus einem verpackten Dokument, welches ich nach der Verpack-Aktion sogleich wieder als normales afpub-Dokument abgespeichert habe.

Nach einem meiner regelmäßigen Speicher-Aktionen (zwischenzeitliches Command+S) hat sich das Doc automatisch geschlossen und lässt sich seither nicht mehr öffnen. Beim Versuch es zu öffnen erscheint die Angabe "Die Datei ließ sich nicht öffnen/Pfad zum Doc auf meinem Rechner/Der Dateityp wird nicht unterstützt".

Normalerweise werden meine afpub-Dokumente im Finder mit leerer/weißer Kachel als Vorschaubildchen angezeigt. Die oben beschriebene beschädigte (?) Datei wird seither mit dem Affinity-Publisher-Logo in weißer Kachel angezeigt.

Wie kann ich mein Doc wieder öffnen, bzw. herstellen?

Besten Dank Euch für Eure Hilfe und Grüße*

Hallo,

was meinst Du mit "verpackten Dokument", ein Archiv sprich eine gezippte Datei? - Und welche Datei-Extension hat das APub Dokument nun?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Das original Paket hast Du noch, oder ein paar Backup-Sicherungen davon bzw. den .afpub Dateien? - Wenn ja versuche einen vorherigen Stand der Datei zu öffnen.

Falls Du keinerlei weiteren Sicherungen/Backups davon hast wird es hier problematischer, sofern die Datei beim letzten abspeichern hier dann beschädigt worden ist. Im worst case muß der Affinity-Support dann schauen ob er da (bei der afpub) inhaltlich etwas restaurieren bzw. von retten kann.

Hattest Du das letzte mal das Dokument auf Deiner lokalen SSD/Platte gespeichert oder auf einem externen gemounteten drive bzw. cloud-drive?  Letzteres macht oft Probleme und führt mitunter zu Datenverlusten.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Vielleicht kann Dir hier eh besser ein Affinity Support-Mitarbeiter weiterhelfen und Dir dann einen Upload-Link für die beschädigte APub-Datei zur Verfügung stellen, um diese Datei dann genauer inspizieren zu können im Hinblick auf eine mögliche Datenrettung.

• Staff

Hall Affinity Max,

Es tut mir leid zu hören, dass Ihre Datei anscheinend beschädigt wurde. Bitte laden Sie Ihre Datei nach Möglichkeit in die folgende Dropbox hoch, damit ich dies bei unseren Entwicklern melden kann. Können Sie mir nach Möglichkeit mitteilen, welche Aktionen Sie zuletzt mit der Datei durchgeführt haben und ob sie normalerweise lokal oder auf einem Netzlaufwerk usw. gespeichert wird?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/1tLRbbvSTpRQ2p8lo463

Danke
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 2:27 PM, Callum said:

Hall Affinity Max,

Es tut mir leid zu hören, dass Ihre Datei anscheinend beschädigt wurde. Bitte laden Sie Ihre Datei nach Möglichkeit in die folgende Dropbox hoch, damit ich dies bei unseren Entwicklern melden kann. Können Sie mir nach Möglichkeit mitteilen, welche Aktionen Sie zuletzt mit der Datei durchgeführt haben und ob sie normalerweise lokal oder auf einem Netzlaufwerk usw. gespeichert wird?

Danke
C

@Callum I'm just experiencing the same problem. Story of the file that I just dropped in the link above you have posted. I worked from Mac on the file located on a Sinology NAS. My colleague opened the file on his Windows laptop, updated all resources and the saved the file again on the NAS. Since then the file seems to be corrupt. No matter what Mac or PC we use to try to open the file... Thanks for looking into that!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-04 um 11.57.27.png

2 hours ago, crsT3n said:

... I worked from Mac on the file located on a Sinology NAS. My colleague opened the file on his Windows laptop, updated all resources and the saved the file again on the NAS. Since then the file seems to be corrupt. ...

As a rule of thumb here (and due to Affinity's incremental proprietary file format), in order to prevent possible future file data losts, you should never directly perform read/write/save operations for shared Affinity files from external mounted, or LAN/Intranet accessed drives, NAS, dropboxes etc. You always better work on a local copy of Affinity files instead, meaning here copy first an Affinity file from the NAS to your local filesystem, open/alter/edit and save the Affinity file always locally, afterwards copy the file from your local filesystem and replace the file on NAS. - Aka, use the NAS just as a Backup storage place, but don't operate directly on external connected NAS Affinity files.

• Staff

I will pass your file on to our developers to help possibly identify the cause of this issue however I can't give any guarantee that the file will ever be repaired etc. I would recommend starting again if your file is time sensitive.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, crsT3n said:

@Callum I'm just experiencing the same problem. Story of the file that I just dropped in the link above you have posted. I worked from Mac on the file located on a Sinology NAS. My colleague opened the file on his Windows laptop, updated all resources and the saved the file again on the NAS. Since then the file seems to be corrupt. No matter what Mac or PC we use to try to open the file... Thanks for looking into that!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-04 um 11.57.27.png

1 hour ago, Callum said:

I will pass your file on to our developers to help possibly identify the cause of this issue however I can't give any guarantee that the file will ever be repaired etc. I would recommend starting again if your file is time sensitive.

Thanks a lot! Started to redo the file, but it would help anyway to receive a working file...

• 3 months later...

@Callum - moin Callum, ich habe leider das gleiche Problem mit einer Publisher Datei die nach dem letzten Speichern scheinbar beschädigt wurde. Es handelt sich um ein Bildband mit knapp 130 Seiten. Die letzten zwei Wochen hat das Speicher und öffnen problemlos funktioniert. 

könnt Ihr euch das anschauen?

grüsse Sven.

• Staff
On 7/30/2022 at 11:27 PM, Sven S said:

@Callum - hello Callum, unfortunately I have the same problem with a Publisher file that seems to have been damaged after the last save. It is an illustrated book with almost 130 pages. For the last two weeks, the store and open has worked without any problems. 

can you look at this?

greet Sven.

I can only do the same thing I have done for the users above I'm afraid. I can pass the file on to our developers to hopefully prevent this from happening again in the future but I can't guarantee the file will be fixed. If your work is time sensitive I would recommend starting again. Please could you tell me the version of Affinity you are using along with the operating system and where the file is typically saved to for example a local drive or USB stick etc. Please could you also upload your file to the following DropBox link?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/sVK1FYSdPTZzf1TWrmeF

Thanks
C

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Andreas,
Welcome to the forums :)

apologies I have been on paternity leave until today. Please could you upload a copy of the file to the following DropBox link. Please could you also tell me if you are using V1 or V2 of the apps?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/1gFb1mJ1VmQEeZiMjm93

Thanks
C

• 2 months later...

Hello Folks,

Today I've encountered the same problem. I was about to save a document via command+s shortcut - the publisher app crashed, and after that I could not open the document again. The document is still shown as .afpub in finder but the file size dropped from 140 MB t0 83 MB. Fortunately, I just lost one day worth of work.

Latest V1 version on recent macOS.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem.

Worked for 4 weeks on the file and it has 300 sites.

Now it says damaged file and I can't open it.

could you please inspect it?

I work on Mac v1 latest version of af pub.

Edited by Louis.by
further information

• 5 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 2:27 PM, Callum said:

Hall Affinity Max,

Danke
C

Hallo Habe das selbe Problem, wie alle hier beschreiben... gibt es hierzu bereits eine Lösung?

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, v_kyr said:

As a rule of thumb here (and due to Affinity's incremental proprietary file format), in order to prevent possible future file data losts, you should never directly perform read/write/save operations for shared Affinity files from external mounted, or LAN/Intranet accessed drives, NAS, dropboxes etc. You always better work on a local copy of Affinity files instead, meaning here copy first an Affinity file from the NAS to your local filesystem, open/alter/edit and save the Affinity file always locally, afterwards copy the file from your local filesystem and replace the file on NAS. - Aka, use the NAS just as a Backup storage place, but don't operate directly on external connected NAS Affinity files.

I have never read or experienced anything like this - except now with Affinity. I have been using NAS (in my case Synology) for many years. NAS directories are integrated into the network as WebDAV drives and I have never known of a single program that cannot work over the network. Even large files, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and many others, can be opened over the network without a local copy. The only exception so far is Affinity Designer, which I recently switched to. If what the colleague above writes is true - and my current experience painfully confirms this - Affinity is stuck in the digital stone age, despite all the invaluable advantages in this respect. I would be delighted if this elementary problem were solved as quickly as possible, even before all the new functions.