You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data merge works only in one column. What am I doing wrong?

Hi guys, 

ich habe ein Problem mit der Datenzusammenfassung. Ich habe die Exceltabelle wie im Bild zu sehen. Nun möchte ich in Spalte 1 die werte aus der Spalte 1 aus dem Excel. Das funktioniert auch einwandfrei. Bei Spalte 2 setzt die Datenzusammenfassung dann aber schon aus. 
Ich habe jeweils Spalte 1 das Feld "Breite 1000" zugeordnet und Spalte 2 das Feld "Breite 2000". 
Habe ich einen Gedankenfehler? 

Würde mich um Hilfe sehr freuen. 

(Hi guys, 

I have a problem with the data merge. I have the excel table as shown in the picture. Now I want in column 1 the values from column 1 from the excel. This also works perfectly. But in column 2 the data merge stops. 
I have assigned the field "Width 1000" to column 1 and the field "Width 2000" to column 2. 
Do I have a thought error? 

I would be very happy for help.)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-07 um 14.09.05.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-07 um 14.11.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-07 um 14.11.57.png

First thing to do is not use any formatting in the XLXS file, you have the displayed values set to round up. This is causing problems.

After that I am not actually sure how you are doing this. I would include in the spreadsheet the column you have in the the last screenshot, the Tiefe 1000, Tiefe 1500 etc. Then I would use the the Data Merge Layout Tool to make a "table" of one column and just include the various Briete columns.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello @Old Bruce
first of all thank you for your help. 

Affinity pulls the data from the top to the bottom of the xls file. I want to fill the first column in Affinity with the values from the first column from the xlxs file. This works fine. But for the second column it just doesn't work anymore. 
I have assigned the field "Width 1000" to the first column in Affinity. The second column in Affinity has the field "Width 2000" assigned to it. But Affinity just doesn't take over the values anymore. No idea why it stops there. 
I had also made a table where it starts at the top right and then continues down until it jumps to the next column. But there exactly the same problem appears...

As you can see on the two pictures. it inserts yes the first column from the Excel correctly. That's all fine. I just don't understand why he just stops at the second one. Is there a trick? Maybe I still do not understand a point that you have to make 😄😓

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-08 um 07.43.30.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-08 um 07.41.21.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-08 um 07.46.59.png

Edited by McSndy
Added third photo of the result.

Hello @McSndy ,

I had a similar problem and have solved as follows.
with the Data Merge Layout Tool, create a layout.
Number of Rowws depends on the page size e.g. 35
and only 1 column that is important
Place your text fields according to need in the column
and fill the text frames with the data fields.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Data.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

As Gnobelix has shown make one Column with the Data Merge Layout Tool and put all the Field Names from the XLXS file in that row, then it will look like columns.1550147333_ScreenShot2022-03-08at7_06_23AM.png.8c23bee081315c598b3b0641ff3de96f.png

So the one row looks like this <Breite 1000>  <Breite 1500>  <Breite 2000>  <Breite 2500>  <Breite 3000>  <Breite 3500>  <Breite 4000> etc. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.