You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am trying to replicate a technique used in Photoshop for white balancing which uses three separate Info sampler targets, one for black, one for white (using a Threshold effect layer) and a third using a grey layer blended using Difference mode. It's very useful.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ePolCqBLZM

I cannot get Photo to maintain multiple info sampler points, even if I use the Info dropdown to Add New Sampler. Any target simply replaces the previous one, no matter what. The exception is that I can set one RGB and another CMYK simultaneously but that's no use.

Can anyone set me right on this?

Tony

Hi David, 

perhaps you know the answer to my next issue with using the above technique in Photo—

In Photoshop's Levels dialog there are black, grey and white pickers. I cannot find an equivalent in any of Photo's adjustment dialogs.

Am I missing something simple?

Tony

18 minutes ago, tonyrambler said:

Am I missing something simple?

Nope, they aren't there. There's a picker in the Curves adjustment but it's a bit quirky, it doesn't do anything just by clicking on an image. You have to click then move the cursor a smidgin for a point to show up on the curve. I've used a curve adjustment together with the Info panel to balance a particular spot to be the colour I want by adjusting the RGB values seperately but it's a bit of a task

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10