You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer do stuff by itself...Is this a Bug or Not?

I use a Mac Mini M1 with Big Sur 11.6 and the latest version of Affinity Suite (Designer, Photo, and Publisher 1.10.4)

With that being said, sometimes my fingers touch other keys when I'm designing like for example, I'm holding alt and shift  to drag a symbol and duplicated keeping it in the same range and measurement right? Then I click without looking at the keyboard any key and then the whole window with all my art boards start moving in different ratio as if I wanted to rotate my area of work. In other cases I click on other key by mistake and suddenly all curves are raster! And I didn't know what I did!! Is these commands are a bug? Or I'm hitting some cool commands by mistake? Your help will be appreciated it!

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

• Staff

Hi @albertkinng.
If you are converting object to curves accidentally you are probably pressing cmd+Enter. This is a command shortcut you can change in Affinity Designer Preferences, setting the first dropdown to Designer and the second to Layer and changing the corresponding shortcut ("Convert to Curves") in the list below to something else.

If the canvas/artboards start rotating you are probably pressing cmd and scrolling the scroll-wheel. You can disable this behaviour going to Affinity Designer Preferences, Tools section and unticking Enable canvas rotation with cmd+scroll-wheel.