You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I change the temporary move tool shortcut?

I'm using windows and the current shortcut is the space bar, I can't see any option to change it to anything else. It would make more sense to have it as ctrl, that way I can ctrl + scroll to zoom and then ctrl + left click hold + mouse drag to pan.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum @MELK0R87

You can edit shortcuts under Preferences Ctrl + ,

Will likely be under:

Preferences: Shortcuts Tab

Photo:

Tools:

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Workspace/shortcuts.html

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, MELK0R87 said:

I'm using windows and the current shortcut is the space bar

As far as I know that one cannot be changed. But I'm a bit puzzlYour topic title refers to the Move Tool, and your post text refers to panning, which is a function of the View Tool. The Space bar is a temporary shortcut for the View Tool, so perhaps your topic title just has the wrong tool mentioned?

2 hours ago, MELK0R87 said:

I can ctrl + scroll to zoom and then ctrl + left click hold + mouse drag to pan.

Or, you could:

• Press Spacebar, and click to pan.
  • Press Spacebar, then Ctrl, then drag left/right to zoom in/out.

(Once you've pressed Spacebar, look at the Status Bar at the bottom of the window for hints on the modifier key functions.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1