You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer/Publisher: Broken line breaks when exporting a PDF with text

Hi everyone!

When I export my document as PDF (I have tried different PDF presets, too), I can select the text in a PDF viewer app. However, when I paste the copied text somewhere, the text does not have any blank spaces anymore - they are replaced with the letter "p".

I have no idea if this is a very funny bug or if I did something wrong, but here it is ...

I have added the raw file, the PDF and a screenshot. Maybe somebody has an idea what I can do to resolve this issue?

Thank you, have a nice day!

Christian

screenshot.png

DigCompEdu Bavaria Tabelle.pdf DigCompEdu Bavaria Tabelle.afdesign

45 minutes ago, herrmayr said:

Maybe somebody has an idea what I can do to resolve this issue?

No problem here on Windows with Acrobat Pro and Foxit Reader. Perhaps you should try another PDF reader?

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

When I open in Apple Preview and copy paste to Mail window – lines paste without linebreaks, as long normal text, real paragraphs though are as they should. Text format as in original. That is like it should be, like original text.

When I open in Adobe Reader and copy paste to Mail window – lines paste with linebreaks, real paragraphs as they are. No text formatting. 

When I open in PDF Expert and copy paste to Mail window – lines paste without linebreaks, real paragraphs as they are. No text formatting. 

No P line-ends anywhere. Try another PDF reader?

Oh, thank you for testing! In fact, the problem does not occur when using Preview or Adobe Acrobat on the Mac. Curious!

I have been using PDFPen Pro, which I use dozens of times a time with various PDF, never encountering such an error before. So I didn't assume the problem to be PDFPen.

Thanks, this seems to be a PDFPen bug rather than an Affinity Bug indeed. Maybe it's time to finally switch to PDF Expert, now that Smile has also sold PDFPen to another corp - but that's a topic for another day and forum ;)

Thank you again!