You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Constant random crashes to desktop (1.10.4.1198)

Hey everybody,

I'm experiencing constant crashes to desktop in affinity photo while drawing. I switched off hardware acceleration but this makes afffinity super flow, esp. with big brushes, which I kinda need constantly, because I paint. So even if that would fix the crashing issue, it's not really a solution.

Usually I'm about an hour into painting when affinity photo just crashes, without any explanation why - just back to desktop. I really like affinity but if things stay this way, I really can't use it, which is a bit of a shame.

Is there anything I can do besides posting this here? Are there any log files I can look up and maybe post?

I'm a bit of a loss here.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I'm on Windows 10.

Hey, PeteMacca!

Thanks! I was able to find the dmp files, but the thread you've linked simply states to send the files "to us", without mentioning any kind of email or form. So I figured I should just attach them to this post, right? I hope that's correct. Here are my latest  crash reports, which all have been on the same version.

I had 15 more crashes (with crash reports), but they might have been done on the previous version. If you need them as well I can upload them too.

Thanks!

6edd2ece-4be4-405a-9564-9f6f201066b4.dmp b656ce92-dd2d-4bbb-b079-c2b50c75e687.dmp fb477b76-b747-48b6-b8d1-de3b840a210a.dmp

Hey,
I've uploaded the brushes that I've used. I'm pretty sure the crash happend with the pre-pre-last brush, that is the default PS chalk brush but with brightness ("Helligkeitsabweichugn") controlled by pen pressure to simulate PS-like opacity behavior.

Hope that helps!