You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sorry for the delay, Spinedesign …  :)

I would use the the Pen Tool in polygon mode and create a single triangle (or any other on-grid shape). Choose Snap to Grid for the creation of your shape and clone the shape afterwards as desired by Cmd + Drag, thereby preserving the snapping … that’s perhaps the easiest method for the kind of design you were looking for … I made a short movie for you showing the details …

Does that help?  :)

Alex

Unfortunately not, Ele … you should post a feature request … the option of saving grids (EDIT as grid preferences, to be sure) is a must …  :)

(Are you sure that you have ticked “Snap to grid” in the snapping preferences, by the way? Remember, that the new version seems to reset the studio …)

post-1198-0-37976100-1449669995_thumb.png

• Staff

Your grid will always be saved with your document.

As A_B_C says, you may have to turn snapping on again after restarting Affinity.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Yes, A_B_C, I'm sure I did put "snap to grid" on again after opening the document. The triangle-shapes that used to snap perfectly to the grid before (2:1 Triangular, spacing 64px, divisions 1) don't even seem to fit to the grid at all. I tried changing the spacing and divisions, but it just looks like the work and the grid are somehow mismatching. 

Maybe it's a simple thing that I'm just not noticing.

Ben, the grid seems not to be saved together with the document, every time I open it I have to put on Show Grid again.

Best,

Ele 

cubes3.psd

Hi Ele,

your document looks like a Photoshop document (.psd), so your custom grid settings may not have been saved to this document (but I don’t know how Affinity currently handles Photoshop grid settings). You must have exported your document to .psd instead of saving it as an .afdesign file. And that might be the reason, why you lost your grid settings. Just try to find and recover your .afdesign file, where you exported from, and the custom grid should still be there …

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex