You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outline with Transparent Objects

GaMeOveR

22 hours ago, Hens said:

Why did you show a rectangle, which is vector shape, in your example file?

Does it matter really? I just focus annoying thing. There is piksel version.

22 hours ago, Alfred said:

Add a rectangle above the pixel layer, set its fill to transparent and set its stroke to whatever width and colour you want.

How you can do that with like these image files?

image.png.93cbfcbba8da6b8e4297b9a299c679fc.png

Outline Bug v2.afdesign

6 minutes ago, GaMeOveR said:

How you can do that with like these image files?

Ah, you’re ‘shifting the goalposts’! It wasn’t clear from your original example that you wanted to be able to do this with irregular outlines.

I’m afraid it isn’t immediately obvious to me how you could work around the problem.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You can create a new non-transparent pixel layer in the same shape as your semi-transparent one, then apply the Outline to that and hide the fill

E.g.

Use the Flood Select Tool to select the shape
Create new pixel layer
Paint solid colour (e.g. black) to fill in pixel selection on the new pixel layer
(I also deselected then filled in the hole - not sure if you wanted that or not)
Add Outline FX to new layer and set fill Opacity to 0%

Designer file is also attached

strokeshape.png

strokeshape.afdesign

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

14 hours ago, carl123 said:

You can create a new non-transparent pixel layer in the same shape as your semi-transparent one, then apply the Outline to that and hide the fill

E.g.

Use the Flood Select Tool to select the shape
Create new pixel layer
Paint solid colour (e.g. black) to fill in pixel selection on the new pixel layer
(I also deselected then filled in the hole - not sure if you wanted that or not)
Add Outline FX to new layer and set fill Opacity to 0%

Designer file is also attached

strokeshape.png

strokeshape.afdesign 15.92 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks but this doesn't fix issue. As you can see i need to select piksel perfect (which is really hard with like these images) for get same outline effect. Anyways it is same with photoshop you can close bug report.
image.png.f5ffc428dd093d39d671d641c01a0504.pngimage.png.b0af575818164b8ef390943395aaf570.png