You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saved failed because access to the document was lost.

Saving to local drive. c:/picture_folder  Also tried to save under c:/user/<me>/pictures. One drive is off.

Affinity Photo 1.10A.1198

I would be really helpful to have an easy way to export the About information or at least be able to copy and paste from the About information. Affinity Photo was working fine until upgrading to 1.10.

broken_affinity.jpg

Log.txt preferences.dat settings.dat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @danieldh206,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums & our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we were extremely busy over the Christmas period and working from home during the pandemic is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

Can you please confirm for me:

• Does this occur with any document, or only the specific one shown in your screenshot?
  • Have you experienced this again since reporting the issue?
  • Are you able to Save/Export directly to your desktop folder?
  • Did you move or delete the original file opened, during the editing process? I can see you're attempting to save an '.exr' file and I'm interested in how the file was created.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• The original .exr file was created with PTGui
  • It randomly keeps occurring and my work around is first converting any photos into afphoto with the batch tool before doing any work.
  • I tried to different folders that are under my user. (My Documents, Desktop, Pictures)
  • Did not move or delete the files
  • When the issue happens Affinity doesn't do anything. I watch in task manager and there is no increase in CPU usage or memory.

Is there a way to run Affinity Photo with a debugger or verbose log output?

• Staff

Many thanks for letting me know and my apologies for the delay once again.

Could you please try running the Affinity app as an Administrator (right-click the app icon, select Run as Administrator) and try saving/exporting your file once again for me?

On 1/13/2022 at 11:01 PM, danieldh206 said:

Is there a way to run Affinity Photo with a debugger or verbose log output?

Unfortunately not without having access to our developer tools, my apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I've the same Problem with Photo, Publisher and Designer.

I tried to save to internal and external drive also. It is not possible to save a Affinity-File.

Starting with 'run as administrator' did not help.

I reinstalled and repaired the program. The problem still exist.

The export works well.

AFFINITY Photo Ver 1.10.4.1198
OS Windows 11 21H2
PC Surface 8 Pro

Thanks for Support in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

The issue "Saving Failed increasing frequency of reports" (REF: AFP-4826) has been fixed by the developers in build "2.2.1 Release".

This fix is in the current customer release.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us