You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm using Publisher on MacOs to create a 650 pages document and the program keeps lagging. What's more, at the time of exporting the document as a PDF, it takes around to 5 minutes to export. Are there any ways to give Affinity Publisher more RAM or is there another solution to help it process faster?

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi LaraJ,

If you go into the apps preferences under performance you will find a Ram Usage Limit slider but its likely already set to a high enough amount. Under the same performance tab do you have Metal Compute acceleration enabled?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I did some tests a while back (may not apply to latest updates) and found Publisher became noticeably bogged down when hitting 200 pages and more. Again this was a few versions back, performance could be improved from then. I compared to the same document in Indesign which had no problems or noticeable lag from the text only document.