You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Back space to pick up tab formatting of the previous line of text

As a long time Quark user (since v1) there are a number of features that speed up production. One that I find useful is back spacing to pick up the formatting from the previous line. For example I was creating a multi column tabbed index (text is on both sides of a church spire). I sort the text in a spread sheet then paste and format in Publisher I set the tabs for the left side then adjusted the tabs to suit the right side. I added lines to the right side, but the formatting is for the left side so the tabs don't line up - in Quark you simply back space to the end of the previous line and it picks up the adjusted formatting. This gives you two or three back spaces to complete the task.

5 hours ago, Alistair McIlwraith said:

One that I find useful is back spacing to pick up the formatting from the previous line. For example I was creating a multi column tabbed index (text is on both sides of a church spire). I sort the text in a spread sheet.....

Why not use Text Wrap for that?

Put the text into a text frame, put the photo over the text apply text wrap and then edit the outline.

2012736676_ScreenShot2021-11-29at1_11_15PM.thumb.png.db053a32bfd8e34b8ae3407ba655460d.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.