You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APu 1.10.4 crash on Print Dialog

loukash

Printed an .afpub with artboards.
APu crashed upon finishing sending the data to the printer and exiting the Print dialog.
The actual print job finished OK.

APu 1.10.4
MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan
MacBookPro9,1
Oki c5450n laser printer connected via Ethernet

Affinity Publisher_2021-11-17-145449.crash.zip

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff

Hi @loukash,

Can you try the steps below and then see if you can print from Affinity:

1. Go into the Notes app or TextEdit and type anything
  2. Select to Print > Presets > Show Presets > Tick the box to Reset Presets Menu to "Default Settings" After Printing
  3. Continue to print
  4. Now launch Affinity Designer > Open a document > Select Print
  5. If it hasn't crashed > Select printer settings manually and not "Last Used Settings" > Continue to print
  6. Select Print again > Untick the reset option listed above

8 hours ago, stokerg said:

Select printer settings manually and not "Last Used Settings"

I think I was actually choosing one of my own presets, not "Last Used Settings".
But I'll check again when I'm in my office.

From my earlier issues with the print dialog, I remember that changing various settings in the Range & Scale, Document Layout and Bleed & Marks sections back and forth would usually result in a crash eventually. Earlier this year I recall to have posted in a thread on this topic.

For what it's worth, as a workaround I have resorted to PDF export and printing from Preview.app which worked fine.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2