You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installed fonts not showing in fonts list

Hi, I’m using Affinity Photo on my iPad Pro running iPadOS 15.1. I tried installing both a TTF and OTF font and neither of them show up on the fonts list. I go to settings from within the app, fonts, and add the fonts from there. The fonts show up on that list, but when adding text to a project, the fonts do not appear on the fonts list.

• Staff
On 11/11/2021 at 7:25 PM, adsimpson said:

Hi, I’m using Affinity Photo on my iPad Pro running iPadOS 15.1. I tried installing both a TTF and OTF font and neither of them show up on the fonts list. I go to settings from within the app, fonts, and add the fonts from there. The fonts show up on that list, but when adding text to a project, the fonts do not appear on the fonts list.

Whats the name of the fonts you've added?

I have the exact same issue, i follow all the tutorials by downloading the font and going to the cloud on Affinity Photo. The fonts show in the font section to upload but when i press done and go back to fonts i cant find the fonts anywhere,is there a way around this?

26 minutes ago, Bennib said:

I have the exact same issue, i follow all the tutorials by downloading the font and going to the cloud on Affinity Photo. The fonts show in the font section to upload but when i press done and go back to fonts i cant find the fonts anywhere,is there a way around this?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Bennib. :)

When I install a font from within the app, it’s added to the very bottom of the list under ‘Preferences > Fonts’. It doesn’t appear in the correct place alphabetically until I revisit the list.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Bennib. :)

When I install a font from within the app, it’s added to the very bottom of the list under ‘Preferences > Fonts’. It doesn’t appear in the correct place alphabetically until I revisit the list.

Hi Alfred,Thanks for the advice. I can see the downloaded font in ‘Prefrences > Fonts’ I can highlight it and press done but when I go into a new document and try to add the new font it doesn’t show up on the font list an a option.

17 hours ago, Bennib said:

I can see the downloaded font in ‘Prefrences > Fonts’ I can highlight it and press done but when I go into a new document and try to add the new font it doesn’t show up on the font list an a option.

You don’t/shouldn’t need to press ‘Done’ (but I can’t see that making any difference to the eventual outcome). What kind of font files are they (TTF, TTC, OTF, or PS Type 1)? Do any of them have names beginning with a lowercase letter or a non-alphabetic character?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I tried to do it with a font called Bebas Neue from DaFont comes with OTF and TTF, Its got to be an issue with that font as I’ve just downloaded an alternative and it appeared on the list straight away.

Thanks for you help, Much Appreciated