You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot open any Affinity Designer PC created files on MAC OSX Monterey...

I use Qsync with a Qnap NAS. But my PC is disassembled right now, so I cannot copy in any other way. I am working directly to the NAS at all times, so all my files are like that. It should not affect the file as far as I know. (I save it to the local Qsync folder on the PC, and then it just syncs it over the network to my NAS)

The file appears to consist of zeros for bytes. No information, no header. Nothing everywhere.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 minutes ago, AdventurousDrake said:

@Old Bruce What does that mean in layman terms 🙂

Your file:

753347544_ScreenShot2021-11-05at7_17_46AM.png.4a85ba5c0e359cb60eb96233babb609c.png

Another file:

1362406416_ScreenShot2021-11-05at7_18_41AM.png.17f1f8884c68c7331233b068962a722a.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@LondonSquirrel Ok, I hooked up my PC again, I did create a test file in Affinity Designer on the MAC earlier today, and that synced to my NAS and could open it on my PC no problem. Also The Aztec file opens on my PC as usual. Not sure where it's going wrong. 

I am going to try and save a different copy of the Aztec test file, and transfer it in a different way to see if I can open it one the MAC.

Ok, it seems to work now. It could be an OSX Monterey to Qsync issue. Qsync is telling me that it has synced all the files, but when I open a file from within Affinity Designer and go through the file system, then everything is synced again all of a sudden, and now all those files are working. Basically Qsync shouldn't even need to be running once it has synced, as the files are on my internal drive now. We'll see over the coming days and see how it goes. Was ready to sell the Qnap if it would have altered the files lol.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that tried to help me out. If I find some other oddities I'll report back.