You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.10.3 its a mesh

The beta was working without problems at my site, but now its a mesh. What I do, its lockup the programm. 
I have test with the same settings as Photo with Designer and not have any problems.  So its only Photo what is my primair programm.
I don't know anymore what to do. Go back to PS.... maby I should think about.

I have try it with every setting you can find, but its always the same. :(

So I installed back the 1.10.3.1188 beta, and I can work again.  with the same settings as the picture. With these settings in the official version I have the problems.

screen_423.jpg

Edited by Studio97Visuals
new insights

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

First post in this forum, and also a new user of Affinity Photo.

I've struggled in the past few months with issues regarding GPU acceleration similar to what has been reported. I could not use the program for more than a couple of minutes, loading images was going to take five times than when GPU acceleration was disabled, trying to use a filter like Motion Blur was clunky, slow and crashed the app. I also downgraded the nVidia GFX drivers to version 4.62, but the real game changer was when I decided to disable at the BIOS level the Intel CPU's embedded graphics (I used to have it enabled for speeding up H265 video compressing, but my current Quadro T400 has more than enough power to justify the Intel's GFX switch-off).

Since then, with the nVidia card being the only accelerator available, I have experienced no more crashes with Affinity, even with previous version 1.10.1. I've just upgraded both the GFX drivers to 4.72 and Affinity to 1.10.3 and a preliminary test seems to indicate that the app is still stable. And OpenCL is enabled as well.

My 0.02$

10 hours ago, Hens said:

Better disable opencl,this might be the problem as you may have noticed on the forum.

Also without OpenCL the problems stays with the regulair version.

-  64 bits. 

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

8 hours ago, WrongWorld said:

First post in this forum, and also a new user of Affinity Photo.

I've struggled in the past few months with issues regarding GPU acceleration similar to what has been reported. I could not use the program for more than a couple of minutes, loading images was going to take five times than when GPU acceleration was disabled, trying to use a filter like Motion Blur was clunky, slow and crashed the app. I also downgraded the nVidia GFX drivers to version 4.62, but the real game changer was when I decided to disable at the BIOS level the Intel CPU's embedded graphics (I used to have it enabled for speeding up H265 video compressing, but my current Quadro T400 has more than enough power to justify the Intel's GFX switch-off).

Since then, with the nVidia card being the only accelerator available, I have experienced no more crashes with Affinity, even with previous version 1.10.1. I've just upgraded both the GFX drivers to 4.72 and Affinity to 1.10.3 and a preliminary test seems to indicate that the app is still stable. And OpenCL is enabled as well.

My 0.02$

Thanks for this, but I have no graphics cpu, only a Gigabyte Nvidia 1050ti  ;)

-  64 bits. 

• Staff

@Studio97VisualsIf Photo is crashing, please check the following location for the most recent crash report to upload for checking as this may narrow down the cause of the issue.

Please check:

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Also please expand on your workflow within the app that seems to cause issues as this may allow me to replicate the issues. Are you also still running a beta of Windows 11 (from your signature)?

10 minutes ago, Lee D said:

@Studio97VisualsIf Photo is crashing, please check the following location for the most recent crash report to upload for checking as this may narrow down the cause of the issue.

Please check:

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Also please expand on your workflow within the app that seems to cause issues as this may allow me to replicate the issues. Are you also still running a beta of Windows 11 (from your signature)?

I use the windows home version  of Win 11 .
I have changed yesterday evening my graphic card and a another driver.  It looks that I can use the regulair version 1.10.3.xxxx now sofar I have tested fast. 
Brushes are working without problems.  So I don't what the different is between both cards, because the are the same. Only the one is a Gigabyate en the new one a Msi.

I will test this some time to get more info.

-  64 bits. 

This is the leatest dmp file from 2 october

f1234f32-c61f-467a-a51c-6d164b939ff3.dmp

-  64 bits. 

today I was editing this picture its a jpg screenshot in game. 
after I used the sharpening tool the programm was not more responding. see my movie.

This is happening every time  with the regulair version.
There is no crash report.

-  64 bits. 

4 hours ago, Hens said:

Het is gemeld dat er veel freezing gebeurd in de laatste versie en ze zijn druk bezig deze te patchen.
Maar ik denk zelf dat je heel veel assets hebt die het programma langzamer maken.
Dus wacht even de patch af en probeer het daarna eens zonder je assets.
Wel eerst even exporteren☺️

It has been reported that a lot of freezing is happening in the latest version and they are busy patching it.
But I think you have a lot of assets that slows down the program.
So wait for the patch and then try it without your assets. Please export first 😊

Thanks have the patch already installed witch OpenCL on I got the same problems. Witch OpenCl off it looks working.
Have testit with some brush tools for now.  I will give it some time to see if the problems come back.

-  64 bits. 

Well this had no long time needed, I'am on a point to give up.  version AP 1.10.4.1198
Simpel graphic work like the picture was enoch to block AP and slow down the whole PC to. 
If you use a tool the It looks that all the memory of the system is used and block everything else.  But its my idea.

Strange thing is that normal standard photo editing like raw and develop is working, oke its sometimes slow, but you can finish the work. 

I have with the same settings work with different brushes on a A4 format in PS2121  and found no problems.  

screen_428.jpg

-  64 bits. 

22 hours ago, Hens said:

Heb je de assets ook verwijderd?
Teveel en grote assets hebben impact op de werking.
Misschien een ctrl+runup en de computer opnieuw opstarten wil ook weleens werken.
Die brushes die jij gebruikt zijn dat ps brushes?
En zijn deze groot?
@StuartRc werkt veel met en maakt z'n eigen brushes en zei dat 600x600 groot genoeg is om mee te werken in affinity programma's

Have you also deleted the assets? Too many and large assets have an impact on the operation. Maybe a ctrl+runup and restarting the computer will also sometimes work. Are those brushes you use PS brushes? And are these large? @StuartRc works a lot with and makes his own brushes and said 600x600 is big enough to work with in affinity programs

Ja ik gebruik ondermeer PS brushes en daar heb ik tot aan versie 1.10.1.xxxx nooit problemen mee gehad. 
Maar het gebeurd ook met AP's eigen brushes, paintbrush, teksttool noem maar op. 
Ik heb net mijn systeem eens wat aangepast qua settings, want ook Windows 11 kan uiteraard van invloed zijn op sommige zaken. Gek is dat ik met Designer geen enkel probleem onder vind, tenzij ik vandaar uit naar Ap  schakel en terug wil. 
Net een test gedaan in AP met de nieuwe settings, incl. Opencl aan, ik kan brushes gebruiken (ps) zowel basic.  Ook de tekst tool werk nu op normale snelheid. Dus het kan best zijn dat er met de systeem instellingen iets veranderd is.

Ik hou het in de gaten.

a I use PS brushes, among other things, and I never had any problems with that until version 1.10.1.xxxx.
But it also happens with AP's own brushes, paintbrush, text tool you name it.
I have just adjusted my system in terms of settings, because Windows 11 can of course also influence some things. Strangely, I don't see any problem with Designer, unless I switch from there to Ap and want to go back.
Just did a test in AP with the new settings, incl. Opencl on, I can use brushes (ps) both basic. Also the text tool now works at normal speed. So it may well be that something has changed with the system settings.

I'm watching it.

-  64 bits. 

6 hours ago, Hens said:

Heb je de assets ook verwijderd?
Teveel en grote assets hebben impact op de werking.
Misschien een ctrl+runup en de computer opnieuw opstarten wil ook weleens werken.
Die brushes die jij gebruikt zijn dat ps brushes?
En zijn deze groot?
@StuartRc werkt veel met en maakt z'n eigen brushes en zei dat 600x600 groot genoeg is om mee te werken in affinity programma's

hangt af op welke formaten je werkt. Bij de grotere formaten als A2 en groter is dat niet voldoende. ;)

-  64 bits. 

A update to AP working under Windows 11.
Its very slow, using tools can be perform block AP to work. After installed yesterday a leatest beta Nvidia studio driver from 26-10-21 helps not many.
Normal develop of raw images no problem. But if I use like the paintbrush tool its mostley after some movements its block the programm.

I don't know if this Win11 or AP.  all my other graphic software is running smooth.

-  64 bits.