You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing canvas without numerical input?

Hi

I've been looking around but couldn't find a solution to this, which seems strange. Probably I'm missing how to do it.

So I want to resize my canvas to fit my contents, but I don't know how to do this. I don't mean resizing canvas inputting values, but simply resizing it either to fit contents or the way usually is done in other apps, which is using the crop tool sliding it over the canvas and double clicking to crop to the desired size (no need to think of the exact pixels, but done by eye)

Is this possible? And if not, am I supposed then to do this calculating the size I need for it and the inputting numbers it in the correspondent field? 

Thanks and sorry I couldn't find a solution, cause this is a very common feature and I guess someone else asked about it before.

• Staff

Currently the only way to set the document size is going to Document Setup and inserting the desired values as you mentioned (in the Mac App Store version).

The latest Betas introduced artboards, which will let you resize them dragging their boundaries using the new artboard tool as you are requesting. Since this is not finished yet, i'm not sure if a regular document will be automatically converted to an artboard yet, letting you resize it the same way. The next Betas will make all this much more clear.

Regarding the Export Persona, yes you can use slices to export just part of the canvas creating a slice covering the area you want to export. In Draw Persona you can also export just a specific object or layer: check the Area dropdown near the bottom of the Export dialog.