You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Hyperlinks Not Working?

Hi everyone

I really hope you can help me as I'm really struggling. 

I have created a 500+ hyperlinked planner in Publisher. I hyperlinked the planner a few months ago and now I'm working on updating the colours and what not. 

However, I noticed that when I export the planner as pdf (digital) some of the hyperlinks do not work or send me to a totally different page instead of the original hyperlinked page. 

I went back and checked all the hyperlinks and they're correct but not sure why they change once I export the file. 

Also, I have tried to create new hyperlinks either on the same file or new files and none of them work? The software simply does not hyperlink anymore? is this normal? 

I have checked all configurations and tried different ways to hyperlink and none work. 

I have to submit this planner soon and without hyperlinks the planner becomes useless and I have spent months working on this! 

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks 

Safia 

• Staff

Hi @Safia,

I'd like to request a copy of your .afpub file that contains this planner, alongside a copy of your exported PDF file.

Can you please upload these to the below link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/ageX9WEoubAvqLtEZZiM

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know!

I can confirm there are no known issues with hyperlinks (either in existing or new documents) and they are exporting correctly for me here.

Could you please try unticking the Hyperlink option in the PDF export settings, then re-tick this and try exporting once again?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C 

Thanks for helping!

I have uploaded the files using the link provided. 

The links that aren't working properly (hyperlinking to incorrect pages) are the following:

2022 calendar page (where all the months are) - page 2 in the file. 

January calendar 

3,4,6,7,8,9,12, and 23rd - All hyperlinking to incorrect pages/dates

February calendar 

April

4th.       All hyperlinking to incorrect pages/dates

Aug

5th 

November  calendar 

16th - All hyperlinking to incorrect pages/dates

December  calendar 

17th -All hyperlinking to incorrect pages/dates

I have tried to untick and then re-tick the hyperlink option while exporting and no change. 

Thanks for helping.

Saf.

• Staff

Many thanks for your document provided!

I checked this here for the first date mentioned (Jan 3rd) - and I can see that the application is correctly assigning the hyperlink you have generated.

image.png

There are multiple hyperlinks assigned to 1 object, which I wouldn't recommend, but the first few hyperlinks that show in the Studio for this object are all for 'page 8', which is Jan 4th in your file.

Unfortunately I cannot find an issue within the Publisher app for this file, as all of your hyperlinks are correctly being generated from the source > target you have set.

I must be blunt I have never seen so many hyperlinks within one file, many of your hyperlinks are invalid and link to 'page 0', these show the red cross next to them in my above screenshot.

With this many hyperlinks, many of which are linked to incorrect pages, I can only suggest removing all your current hyperlinks and re-adding these within the app, to ensure the source and target are correct before exporting.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 years later...