You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image becomes loss

While using 1.10.1 via MAC M1, the image starts to loose its layer, or whatever the term is, when I burn and dodge. This is a serious issue, since when this starts, I'm unable to undo the issue, and have to re-import the image and start from scratch. It appears to an arbitrary, the only consistent  part is when dodging and burning. Since I started using Affinity from day one, I've never had this issue, not sure if its exclusive to the latest release. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.33.30 AM.png

• Staff

Hi OldHickory30,

Unfortunately I've not been able to reproduce this - Are you able to get a screen recording (of your entire screen, with the Layers Panel visible) showing the behaviour you're getting? If possible could you also attach the affected file please?

We are aware of a similar issue that can occur when using the Paint Brush Tool if you attempt to paint on an empty area of a pixel layer that is inside a Group or Layer contained on an artboard, however I've not seen it with the Dodge & Burn Tools.

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi OldHickory30,

Unfortunately I've not been able to reproduce this - Are you able to get a screen recording (of your entire screen, with the Layers Panel visible) showing the behaviour you're getting? If possible could you also attach the affected file please?

We are aware of a similar issue that can occur when using the Paint Brush Tool if you attempt to paint on an empty area of a pixel layer that is inside a Group or Layer contained on an artboard, however I've not seen it with the Dodge & Burn Tools.

Hi Sean,

It happens totally arbitrary, but only when doing dodging / burning. It been such a problem that I've had to switch back over to Photo Shop, since I loose the complete image after the error happens. I tried uninstall and reinstall Affinity, but the problem remains. I'll try to reproduce the issue and do a screen shot of the layers along with sending you the file.