You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

odd rotate behaviour when using the mouse zoom option shortcut 1.10.1

This is something I don't remember seeing before 1.10.1 but now the rotate shortcut (⌘ and apple magic mouse scroll) continues to rotate when removing finger from the ⌘ key (I've also assigned a shortcut ⌘` to reset rotation) and when moving to the zoom shortcut (⌥ and apple magic mouse scroll) straight after using the rotate shortcut, it zooms as expected but if you continue to scroll while removing finger from the ⌥ key it rotates - I'd show a video to illustrate but I have no way of capturing key combos - tested on two different macs both running mojave 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

3 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

I'd show a video to illustrate but I have no way of capturing key combos

One possibility is to have the Keyboard Viewer on screen at the same time while you make your video. It is accessible from Input Menu in the menu bar. If that menu is not present for you, you could temporarily activate it in the System Preferences (Keyboard->Input Sources).

758704987_ScreenShot2021-08-26at9_01_32AM.png.bb801cffd0bc92e7c9e9986cc91f6003.png

1 hour ago, garrettm30 said:

One possibility is to have the Keyboard Viewer on screen at the same time while you make your video.

Good call garrettm30 I'll do a vid grab ------ Cheer's

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 2 months later...

Looks like the last vid which details this bug has been deleted? - so thought I'd check to see if the bug is still active a few updates on - so ticked the enable canvas rotation tick box in prefs and done another screen grab vid which demos (with the aid of the keyboard viewer - Thanks garrettm30) the bug in action.

Looks like I'll have to switch it back off again for the time being, which is a shame as I have found it really useful (along with with setting a shortcut to reset rotation) I really do hope this gets fixed at some point, although I'm guessing it's not a priority as, I'm guessing, from a lot of forum feedback, most people find it annoying and just want to switch it off anyway - just thought it important to show the bug is still active. see grab:   

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk