You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Problems finding an duplicated image in the Resource Manager

Hi there,

I have problems finding an image in the Resource Manager of Publisher (1.10.1.1142 / Win 10) when it is duplicated in the document. Maybe you can follow the steps below:

• places a number of pictures in a document (arrangement does not matter)
  • click on one of the pictures with the mouse
  • open the Resource Manager
  • the name of the clicked picture is highlighted in blue in the Resource Manager
  • close the Resource Manager
  • duplicate the clicked picture and click on it
  • open the Resource Manager again
  • the clicked image is no longer highlighted

The reason for this is that the duplicated pictures are grouped in the Resource Manager. This group is closed by default. So you have to know the name of the clicked picture to be able to open its group. With many duplicates, this quickly becomes very confusing.

I think this is a bug. In my opinion, these groups should be open by default or I consider the grouping unnecessary. What do you think?

Regards,
Felix

• Staff
On 8/26/2021 at 11:20 AM, Failix said:

I think this is a bug. In my opinion, these groups should be open by default or I consider the grouping unnecessary. What do you think?

Hi @Failix,

I can confirm the Resource Manager is currently behaving as expected, so this isn't explicitly a bug - however I can certainly understand the point you've raised here and the results you'd expect to see in-app.

I'll be sure to raise this with our development team as a suggested improvement, and move your thread to the Feedback section of our forums. I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!