You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows performance still terrible

Even after the big 1.10 "performance" update, Affinity Designer and Photo still run like trash on my 12-core ryzen 3900xt and GTX 1070 GPU. Even on a simple document with relatively few layers, sliding adjustment layer parameters is extremely sluggish. Moving shapes around is jittery. I've seen no noticeable improvement at all. My 2017 Macbook runs the apps better than this. It feels like all development focus is put on the MacOS versions and Windows users are left to suffer with sub-par performance. Very disappointing to think I'll finally get a "huge boost in performance" and have it behave exactly the same.

• Staff

Hi Mediumcheese,

Please could you provide a screen recording demonstrating your performance with the apps and if possible include a screenshot of the performance tab in the apps preferences? I can assure you we don't focus on one operating system over another, the Windows and Mac versions are developed by separate teams to ensure they are both developed at the same rate.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.