You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.10.0 crashes on changing Paragraph Style

I have a 100+ page document which has many images and uses a heading style. If I do the following steps Publisher 1.10.0.1127 crashes:

1. open afpub document

2. select a line of text with style 'heading2'  (a numbered heading)

3. Increase the font size from 12pt to 14pt 

4. "Update Paragraph style" to current format

5. Publisher crashes.

(If you edit the style to increase the font size this also fails.)

I have tried deleting pages from the document, but this always seems to result in a 'good' document.

I have tried exporting to a template, which also seems to work.

I have saved as a package (115MB) which also crashes. If I rename the packages 'Images' folder 'ImagesOLD' so they are not found, then this also fails.

This is on Windows 10.

Other documents seem to behave as expected. So is this document corrupt in some way? and if so how do I fix it?

Tony.

4 hours ago, tony7777 said:

is this document corrupt in some way? and if so how do I fix it?

Probably. Fixing it would be a matter of finding out what is causing the crash. There could be a problem with the font in heading2 or if there are following styles there could be a problem with the fonts in those styles. Could be somewhere the document runs out of space from the increase to 14 points. Conflict with the heading2 wanting to stay together with the next/previous paragraph....

Many many things could be causing  a crash.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

File uploaded. The uploaded package "testTreePackage/tree V11 P1.10 test1.afpackage"  excludes the images.

On opening file:

- select the 3.2 heading Charles Henry Coles etc

- change font size to 14pt

- Update paragraph style 

- crash

I note it also crashes if instead of increasing font size, you turn off Bold.

Many thanks

tony

• Staff

This file is crashing on open for me, when it is composing text (I have to leave it open for a good few seconds and then the app will close)

Do you find the same, that if you perform no actions after opening the file it crashes? We've had a couple of files reported to us that do this and it's been logged

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Good to hear you can reproduce behaviour.

I have noticed the section numbers can take a while to update after opening. But if I wait a couple of minutes after opening and then edit style, I get a crash.  I can add text and 'save as' without a problem. I have noticed that just after updating the style, the section number gets changed from 3.2 to 1.2, for <1s, before it crashes.