You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product Mockups for Photo

Hello!

I have made the very recent commitment to move to Affinity for all my workstreams, but today I opened up a product mockup PSD and everything was distorted 😮 All my mockups now don't work - I did a search and it seems A-Photo can't "read" the PS distortion features - so my question is, if it isn't on the cards to be worked on for A-Photo, does anyone have recommendations for a decent place to find alternative (possible free?) mock ups that DO work with Affinity?

I have not found any free mockup that works without a little adjustment. But it's not that difficult remaking the mockups you import. It's a one time effort. Place the content and apply the perspective adjustment in the layer tool. This is a non destructive workflow, so you can replace the imported content as you wish, as long as it's same dimensions.

I'm still a beginner with A photo, I'm struggling with the transition between photoshop and this, which is funny as with the other 2 programmes, I've never used the Adobe equivalent and have gone straight into them with no issues and very confident using them! 

Im Sure I'll get used to it and then love it but I struggle with certain aspects and layers merging (perspective and pixel layers) without warning, and I have a terrible problem with it constantly bombing out! Does anyone else? Again, designer and publisher and brilliant they don't crash but photo is very unstable I find.

• Staff
14 hours ago, s15 said:

Im Sure I'll get used to it and then love it but I struggle with certain aspects and layers merging (perspective and pixel layers) without warning, and I have a terrible problem with it constantly bombing out! Does anyone else? Again, designer and publisher and brilliant they don't crash but photo is very unstable I find.

Can you try the latest beta from here and see if you have the crashing issues.